My first MR2 :)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ProGeoffrey

My first MR2 :)

Post by ProGeoffrey »

Hay all in January there i finally got my first MR2 :D Shes a UK rev1 MK2 and had the 3SFE engine... :roll: I loveeee the car but the power wasn't enough so i got myself a 3SGE engine gearbox and ecu an undergoing my first full scale engine swap :twisted: i say full scale because i've been into nitro/electric rc cars since 12yrs old hahaha

I'll post up some photos soon if anyone wants too see because shes not stock 8-[
Draven

Re: My first MR2 :)

Post by Draven »

Welcome.. looking forward to see pic's yes the 3SFE is a little low on the power.

You'll need 15 posts or be a Premium member before you can post pictures.

Which Revision 3SGE did you get?
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

Thanks Draven \:D/ I got the rev1 na 3SGE. I'd love a 3SGTE but insurance wise the 3SFE was only £240 for me and my partner for the year so hopefully the price wont shoot up to high after the swap is finished :lol:
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

Have you driven a 3SFE Draven?
Draven

Post by Draven »

ProGeoffrey wrote:Have you driven a 3SFE Draven?

I've been a passenger in one. and it felt very slow in comparison to a Rev3 3SGE..

I've also been a passenger in a Rev2 auto. I have to admit that felt almost as slow.
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

I'd love to feel the comparison of a tubby right now while the FE is still in my system as it's less than 2weeks since i started swapping :lol:
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

:ttiwwp:

I love this emoticon ^ it feels so right hahaha
Draven

Post by Draven »

Yes the turbo is a completely different animal there are loads of 2 owners up in scotland. If you go to a meet then i'm sure someone will give you a passenger ride.

:thumleft:
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

If you're ever in the midlands I would be happy to take you out in mine. Also looking forward to pics. :mrgreen:
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

Draven i really couldn't imagine the kick atm haha :P

Hi sangpr50 thanks for the offer :lol: your black mr2 looks amazing !! and the tbar ! i was after a tbar but ended up with a white sunroof version but i'm not complaining hehe :D My mates do think i'm going to respray mines black because it's more my color but i do love my mr2 in white :-k
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

ProGeoffrey wrote:Draven i really couldn't imagine the kick atm haha :P

Hi sangpr50 thanks for the offer :lol: your black mr2 looks amazing !! and the tbar ! i was after a tbar but ended up with a white sunroof version but i'm not complaining hehe :D My mates do think i'm going to respray mines black because it's more my color but i do love my mr2 in white :-k

I much prefer white, blue or even yellow! They look stunning clean. The black is ok but you only have to park it for 20mins and you can see the dust! Better get used to cleaning haha.
craig

Post by craig »

Welcome to IMOC. :D

My first MR2 was a 3SFE. I took it to a rolling road day, and she put out 99bhp. :lol:

I had the engine removed, skipped and a rev1 turbo fitted. What a difference. :mrgreen:

That was 4 MR2s ago :lol:

Enjoy it mate, looking forward to some pics. You need 15 posts or premium membership to post pics. :thumleft:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Hi mate, looking forward to seeing some pics of progress, where in Scotland are you?
Im in Glasgow so if youre through here id be happy to take you for a spin in mines :thumleft:
Draven

Post by Draven »

RedMR² wrote:That was 4 MR2s ago :lol:

And now you have possibly the cleanest MR2 in the country.
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

samgpr50 wrote:

I much prefer white, blue or even yellow! They look stunning clean. The black is ok but you only have to park it for 20mins and you can see the dust! Better get used to cleaning haha.

blue? i can agree with Yellow but blue? i'm just messing for another post \:D/ but Yea i do like Yellow mr2s lol
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

RedMR² wrote:Welcome to IMOC. :D

My first MR2 was a 3SFE. I took it to a rolling road day, and she put out 99bhp. :lol:

I had the engine removed, skipped and a rev1 turbo fitted. What a difference. :mrgreen:

That was 4 MR2s ago :lol:

Enjoy it mate, looking forward to some pics. You need 15 posts or premium membership to post pics. :thumleft:

Thanks for the welcome :D an Wow man 5 MR2s :thumleft: I hope you still have them all nice and clean somewhere :oldtongue: I must admit my mind has been wondering about what mr2s are for sale but i really shouldn't be thinking that while my current one is off the road hehe but one day 8) turbo of course since i got my na haha
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

Gullzter wrote:Hi mate, looking forward to seeing some pics of progress, where in Scotland are you?
Im in Glasgow so if youre through here id be happy to take you for a spin in mines :thumleft:

Alright man thanks for the offer i'm down in Ayr just 20mins or less away haha :lol: Hows about when i sort out my wiring i'll pop up one evening when it's quite hehe btw your mr2 looks beast from your profile pic :thumleft:
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

Gullzter i just clicked your tubby build link an WOW :twisted: that freakin Apexi intake is Huge :-k Where did you get it? hahaha :cheers:
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

ProGeoffrey wrote:
samgpr50 wrote:

blue? i can agree with Yellow but blue? i'm just messing for another post \:D/ but Yea i do like Yellow mr2s lol

Yeah look on this thread!

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=179175

Also it's got to be photo time!!! :mrgreen:
ProGeoffrey

Post by ProGeoffrey »

Photos haha Sorry about the image hosting changing the rotation of the photos :(

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Member Profiles”