Car cut out, no spark no fuel?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

scooby seb

Car cut out, no spark no fuel?

Post by scooby seb »

Evening all

I'll start my story, I was on an activity day at North Weald yesterday in my 94 rev 2 n/a, I was doing the high speed bend ( drive as fast as you can through a 90 dergree bend without spinning or going over a marker line) I had had a few high speed spins, no dramas didn't stall or spin the engine over in the wrong direction, was going round for another go, was about a 1/4 mile drive to get back down to the start again and sat in the que for about 5mins to go again and car just died, no splutter just stopped as if I had turned the key off, tried to restart and nothing just sat there spinning over, couldn't hear the fuel pump.

So that was the end of my day, got the wife to come get me and shot to work and grabbed our recovery truck and got the car home, did some tests when I got home, gave the fuel pump a live through the diag plug and pump worked, then pulled no1 lead off and checked for spark and nothing??

Then removed ecu and took the lids off to check for any corrosion or burnt tracks but all looks good, checked earths on the back of the block and all ok??

Just wondered if anyone had had this problem before, or could point me in the right direction of what to check or if there are any wires prone to shorting or breaking or could it be possible that it's an imoboliser problem ( if they have one fitted from standard) mine doesn't have an after market one or a key fob just has normal keys but was wondering if one was built into the stock alarm?

Cheers an advance, scott :thumleft:
bobhatton

Re: Car cut out, no spark no fuel?

Post by bobhatton »

Any fault codes?
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
scooby seb

Re: Car cut out, no spark no fuel?

Post by scooby seb »

Oops forgot to do that, cheers

Just did it but light is continuously flashing with no breaks (about twice a second) which means no fault????

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”