Midship Money Pit - Equipped For Summer

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SrSilkie

Midship Money Pit - Equipped For Summer

Post by SrSilkie »

Welcome to my money pit :thumleft:

Previously owned a Starlet mk3 GT Turbo, was my first Japanese love. Great car, loved it, the little 1.3 4EFTE is a magic little motor. Took a trip upto Crail Raceway early last summer and seen a few parked up and I wanted one, the T-Bar roof, the cockpit like interior and the prospect of a new driving experience excited me too much, without the funds to keep both cars, sadly the Starlet had to go.

ImageImage

My Starlet was super clean and this was daunting as my MR2 search wasn't going very well and felt like I had to accept that I would never find an MR2 anywhere near as clean as the Starlet.

The focus was to find a well kept mk2 rev 3+ turbo with half trim leathers in Steel Mist Grey and low mileage if possible.

A few months after selling my Starlet I found my MR2, finally..

Here are some of the advert photos, the car was down in Newcastle Under Lyme, I wish I had realised there were two Newcastle's in England before I made my way to Upon Tyne ](*,)

ImageImage

The paintwork is near immaculate and in my favourite colour code :D Read 59,000 on the clock, a mix of km and miles...Jackpot

ImageImage

The car is a 95 rev 3 turbo. It has a lovely spec and came with the half trim leathers, steering fog lights, retractable wing mirrors and a pain in the ass Clifford alarm system. Added bonuses came in the form of front and rear Cusco strut braces and a Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust system, apart from that the car was completely standard. I was sold, shook the mans hand and off I went.

I got lucky and could not be more pleased with the car, it has been very well kept by one owner who imported it in 2000 and garaged the car throughout ownership.

I thought this car would be a mere stepping stone to my dream Supra but I'm honestly so impressed with the car that I cant imagine it going anywhere soon, if at all.

ImageImage

The Plan!

Main aim is to get the styling bang on how I want it, that means..
Equips fully refurbished and on
Nur Spec polished and fitted (bye bye Legalis)

Handling wise, Although the standard setup is brilliant, I am eager to get my Zetas on also and perhaps get myself a set of Whiteline anti roll bars, also thinking to go down the route of a full suspension overhaul. Also need some sticky rubber for the Equips!

As far as power goes, I find the standard power very enjoyable but am interested in going for the 300 mark with the usual suspects.

Parts bought so far (photos to follow!)

Berk Decat
TRD Oil Cap
JDM Indicators
TOM'S Rad Cap
17" WORK Equips
Rev 4 Airbag Wheel
WORK RS Lug Nuts
Eibach Camber Bolts
Honda S2000 Air Filter
TOM'S Rear Strut Brace
TOM'S Front Strut Brace
Blitz Nur Spec R Exhaust
Phoenix Power Intercooler
Meister R Zeta R Coilovers
Chris Wilson Fast Road Pads
Zig Zag Man In Dandism Mats

Parts to source

Greddy Profec OLED
Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar
Whiteline Front Anti Roll Bar
Genuine Work Equips Wheel Bolts :mrgreen:
Last edited by SrSilkie on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 39 times in total.
gavsdavs

Re: Midship Money Pit - Equipped For Summer

Post by gavsdavs »

Very clean car - good purchase !!
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

gavsdavs wrote:Very clean car - good purchase !!

Thanks man, very happy with it!
Donato

Post by Donato »

That looks really clean. Plans sound good. Nice choice on coilovers too. How you finding them?
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Donato wrote:That looks really clean. Plans sound good. Nice choice on coilovers too. How you finding them?

Unfortunately I haven't got them fitted yet, been holding out so I can set them up with the new alloys...which were delivered today :D

I've heard nothing but good thing about them though!
glen n

Post by glen n »

Very tidy looking car, there's not many like that left!
JD

Post by JD »

Absolutely beautiful. I'd be scared to use it let alone mod it. Enjoy :thumleft:
CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

Very clean example! looks brand fire new :thumleft:

I used do drive up to crail a few time a year many moons ago when i had my Punto GT! Ahh the good old days ha ha...

Craig
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Cheers for the kind comments guys, much appreciated :thumleft:

I had it up on a ramp to have a peek before putting it away for winter and its just as clean underneath too, only one small patch of surface rust on the front anti roll bar. That reminds me I want a set off whiteline arb's at somepoint :)

Crail is great fun! I went up for the Banzai event, was awesome and packed with lovely cars.
Last edited by SrSilkie on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

that looks like a brand new car :shock: :shock: :shock:

maybe see you at crail in it one day, i'll be there in february and may :thumleft:
Donato

Post by Donato »

WilkieGT wrote:Unfortunately I haven't got them fitted yet, been holding out so I can set them up with the new alloys...which were delivered today :D

I've heard nothing but good thing about them though!

They are really good. I've got a set. Just wanted to know what others thought of them.

What's your Instagram username? I've just spotted you have a cheeky photo there :lol:
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

sheppy wrote:that looks like a brand new car :shock: :shock: :shock:

maybe see you at crail in it one day, i'll be there in february and may :thumleft:

It's funny when I tell someone that doesn't know their cars it is from 1995 they are just like...:shock:

For sure man Ill be there around May id guess and whenever there is a Jap event. I have never been on a drag strip so I plan on taking the MR2 a few runs just to see what it can do! :twisted:
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Donato wrote:They are really good. I've got a set. Just wanted to know what others thought of them.

What's your Instagram username? I've just spotted you have a cheeky photo there :lol:

Im eager to get them on before summer, I really wanted them as I believe they are designed for Uk roads and very adjustable. Ill let you know my thoughts when I have them fitted :thumleft:

I do indeed well spotted, my username is 1rosswilkie
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Parts update :D

I had been looking for one of these for a while and managed to get a hold of Jimgts' wheel that I noticed he had swapped out from his immaculate azure blue tubby. Its in great condition and looking forward to swapping out my oem three spoke.

I was looking for a single exit and M3ech was selling up his Nur Spec. Overall the exhaust is in good condition, just needs a polished up with a drill attachment and it should look like new!

I spotted there was a group buy going on here for Meister R coilovers and had to make the most of it so purchased these with 15% discount + free delivery so very happy with that!

Then we have my Equips, now im over the moon with these, missing 64 bolts but they are on order. I love them and going to have them all refurbished for this summer although haven't decided on the faces, Im thinking a bright satin silver...thoughts?
Last edited by SrSilkie on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

something on at Crail on the 16th of Feb if you're up for it mate, should be a few of us going :thumleft:
ads

Post by ads »

That's a time warp car, amazing condition - well done!

can't wait to see it with added goodies ..
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Thanks man, yeh I got lucky. They should all be on before summer :) I cant wait either!

sheppy wrote:something on at Crail on the 16th of Feb if you're up for it mate, should be a few of us going :thumleft:

Sounds good, ill keep that date in mind :) I will likely be up for it
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Nothing interesting just leaving a sticky to remember the tyres I have chosen for the equips

Yokohama Advan AD08R

215/40/17

235/40/17
Last edited by SrSilkie on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ste2

Post by Ste2 »

Jealous :eye:
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Got some better photos of the equips seeing as they are now a temporary fixture in my living room...

Fronts

ImageImage

Rears

ImageImage

The fronts have a slight step in their dishes and the rear dishes are deeper with an angle within their lips. Cant wait to get them all refurbished!!
Last edited by SrSilkie on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black 94' GT-S Turbo

Return to “Member Profiles”