[Mk2] [NA] De-Cat Pipes?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Donato

[Mk2] [NA] De-Cat Pipes?

Post by Donato »

What de-cat pipes are people using? I've currently got a cheap steel eBay de-cat pipe that I've had on the car for a few months and it's already rusting. I've just purchased a shiny new 5zigen exhaust, so I don't want to be using the current eBay one as it'll look a bit rubbish mated to something shiny.
I know there's a few options;
Mongoose at £100+
Japspeed at £79
And a few other eBay ones look VERY similar that cost slightly less.

So I'm guess my question is what are people using currently? I know they all do the same job, but I don't want to be spending so much on a de-cat pipe if it's going to fall apart or rust instantly :lol:
Davsurfa

Re: [Mk2] [NA] De-Cat Pipes?

Post by Davsurfa »

I have a Nür Spec from a turbo '2, ditched the flexi section in to the pit that is my shed and cut the right angle-ish tube till it was the right length then welded a flange on so when it comes to MOT time I can just unbolt the pipe and bolt the cat back in. Bonus is the exhaust system is all stainless 8)
stevomc1985mr2

Re: [Mk2] [NA] De-Cat Pipes?

Post by stevomc1985mr2 »

I went to my local stainless exhaust place and had a stainless de cat made from scratch. £120 supplied and fit..

C & C exhausts hillington just outside glasgow.

Well chuffed

Return to “Modifications”