[Mk2] [Turbo] Question about rear drop links with BCR coilovers on turbo

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Oortam

[Mk2] [Turbo] Question about rear drop links with BCR coilovers on turbo

Post by Oortam »

Myself and my son bought a MR2 turbo to use as a track car. It needed a bit of work done to it and we're nearly there getting it back on the road. We recently fitted BC Racing coilovers to our turbo but one of the allen sockets on the end of one of the rear drop links had rounded off so we couldn't remove the existing drop link on the nearside rear. The car had Apexi coilovers fitted at the rear so I assumed it was using standard length drop links. I bought replacement standard drop links for both rear coilovers. The standard drop links are a bit longer than the existing drop links. The first picture shows the coilover fitted using the drop links that were originally used with the Apexi coilovers. The second picture shows the coilover fitted using the new standard drop links. I had to rotate the anti roll bar down to fit the drop link in this case. My question is - which one is correct, or are they both OK?
Unfortunately I can't post the liks to the images. If somebody can let me know how I can show the two pictures I'd be grateful.
Thanks
shinny

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Question about rear drop links with BCR coilovers on turbo

Post by shinny »

Standard rear links will be fine... on a lowered SW20, if anything you want to go longer rather than shorter unless the coilover design requires shorter links. I am also a BC owner and I actually have longer than standard rear droplinks, but the standard rears are just fine too :thumleft:
Oortam

Post by Oortam »

Thanks for that. I was just concerned as I had to rotate the anti roll bar down to fit the standard drop links and the way they fit are so much different to the way they fitted to the first det of drop links. Pictures would tell the whole story.
shinny

Post by shinny »

Here's a photo of droplinks fitted to rear BCs with whiteline ARBs.

As it happens the droplinks are longer than stock but that doesn't really matter... provided the links are identical both sides. Rotating the ARB is not an major issue provided it's not interfering with the suspension components. It's better if the ARB is close to horizontal - so if you're rotating the ARB, make sure you're rotating it towards (or close to) horizontal.

Return to “Modifications”