[Mk2] [Turbo] been trying to get my car started for 3days now and still no joy. HELP!!!!

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bigst3v3_x

[Mk2] [Turbo] been trying to get my car started for 3days now and still no joy. HELP!!!!

Post by bigst3v3_x »

been trying to get my car started for 3days now and still no joy. i have pulled the plugs out they are fine, have a small amount of carbon on them but nothing to worry about, the leads are also fine.. i have tryed drying the ignitor and dizzy out as when i had it we had to dry it out as it had been sat for 4+ years. and its still not starting ):

could it be something to do with the fuel pump?

im meant to be selling it this week and now it suddenly decides to go wrong ):

please any info would be great thanks guys
hmltnangel

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] been trying to get my car started for 3days now and still no joy. HELP!!!!

Post by hmltnangel »

sat for 4 years?

Have you checked for a spark?

Have you drained the fuel and popped some new stuff in?
ashley

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] been trying to get my car started for 3days now and still no joy. HELP!!!!

Post by ashley »

The usual checks first:

Spark?
Fuel?

Then take it from there...
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

lol that fuel must be like pond water! prob zero octane!
bigst3v3_x

Post by bigst3v3_x »

i have been driving it around for 3months after it stood for 4 years so thats why its thrown me abit, only thing i can think it can b is the pub x
bigst3v3_x

Post by bigst3v3_x »

***UPDATE*** i now believe it to be the coil pack, anyone know of one cheap? meant to be selling it this week ):
moscoworbust

Post by moscoworbust »

MR2BEN.COM
bigst3v3_x

Post by bigst3v3_x »

it hasnt solved the problem, how much wud i b luking at as a non runner??? it has to go by this wknd ):
b16hbg

Post by b16hbg »

Has it definitely not got a spark? Have you checked this?
JJ

Post by JJ »

If its not starting like you're describing.. then it should be throwing an error code...
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||

Return to “Mechanical”