adjusting front windows

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

big_joe

adjusting front windows

Post by big_joe »

Evening all. I'm looking at adjusting my windows to get them to seal properly against my new tbar seals. I'm trying to work from the BGB but it doesn't make much sense to me. Can anyone break this down in a way that makes any sort of sense? I've got the doorcards off ready to go

Loque

Re: adjusting front windows

Post by Loque »

I'd appreciate a little help on this as well. My D/S window rattles like a Hyundai.
aliendoughnut

Post by aliendoughnut »

id appreciate help too i need to tackle my drivers side window as its developing a small gap and would like to close this 8)
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

BALL ACHE.

its easy BUT once you start you can tottally mess it up. Took me forever to get it right.

One the left there is a clamp with a 12mm bolt over x2 allen key bolts and the right is same. You need to slacken the bolt and bracket and wind the allen key in i believe and it pulls the top of the glass in.
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

Ok, thanks for that. How about adjusting the vertical height?
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

The vertical height is adjusted via the stops along the top, which are bolted to the door frame through slotted holes which allow you to move the stops up or down accordingly. These then prevent the plastic bump stops on the glass from travelling past a certain point. I've just read that if the window still doesn't travel high enough then the motor may be worn out.

ATM I'm trying to get a 5mm gap on the back side of the window to close! Tried adjusting every single nut and bolt :(
stuMR2lee

Post by stuMR2lee »

This diagram made it a bit easier to understand when I did mine.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”