[Mk2] [Turbo] Turbo stainless exhaust suggestions

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

b8ucks

[Mk2] [Turbo] Turbo stainless exhaust suggestions

Post by b8ucks »

I want to fit a stainless to my turbo that isn't too garish and is similar looking to stock ie 1 can that extends the width of the car with 2 tailpipes. A quick search on google threw up this mongoose fitted to what I believe to be a NA:

Is there something similar that you can get for a turbo? If so is it free flowing? I've searched for mongooses that fit to a turbo and have only found ones that are twin can.
Ethan21

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Turbo stainless exhaust suggestions

Post by Ethan21 »

Thats right the mongose on a turbo has 2 boxes

Have you looked at the fujitsubo legalis r ?

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=167743
b8ucks

Post by b8ucks »

Cheers for the link. Yes I have seen that exhaust before. At the risk of sounding very pedantic, I don't like the way the tailpipes get larger as they're just welded on halfway along the tip. I prefer the uniform width of the tailpipes shown in the mongoose pic I posted.

There's a guy with a rev1 turbo that lives near me (drives past my door all the time) that has the exact exhaust I want. Never seen him stopped to ask him though! #-o
uglee

Post by uglee »

Easy enough to change tips but really the Fuji is the only off the shelf solution for looking close to stock.

Failing that a reputable custom exhaust place can make one up for way less than a new Fuji. This is my full custom one on my V6:

He'd be able to knock a Turbo version together very quickly for much less than what mine cost :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

+1 for the Fujitsubo. Close to stock as you can get for a turbo :thumleft:
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

is that N/A exhaust not a Blueflame unit? I'm sure you can get them for the turbo as well. I have the legalis and it's fab! No drone, sounds hard and it's not really much louder than stock :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

raptor95GTS wrote:is that N/A exhaust not a Blueflame unit? I'm sure you can get them for the turbo as well. I have the legalis and it's fab! No drone, sounds hard and it's not really much louder than stock :thumleft:

Blue flame for a turbo is the same as the Mongoose with different tips :thumleft:
b8ucks

Post by b8ucks »

Cheers for the response guys. I've had a look and the blueflame also has odd tips. So I might look into having custom tips put onto blueflame.

Alternatively it will end up being a custom job as suggested by uglee. I might be in touch mate when I end up getting one.
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

I've got a turbo mongoose for sale drop me a pm if you're interested

Return to “Modifications”