I love my car

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2 Rich

I love my car

Post by MR2 Rich »

Noticing a lot of owners saying negative things about there cars well I just want to say I love my car. It cost 550 quid has just passed its first mot with me and cost me £55 and two back tyres but I knew about them anyway so wasn't shocked. So for a 20 year old car to have its mot with no advisorys I am shocked.

So let's have a thread where owners who are happy with there cars.

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
No 2 :(
Draven

Re: I love my car

Post by Draven »

I love my car too. It is a pain in the ass always things going wrong with it and rattles and noises all over the place but it is my pride and joy
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

I loved my car, passed every MOT and the only advisories were for tyre tread being 3mm one time and having a nail in each rear tyre another time.

Then I sold it :cry:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Draven wrote:I love my car too. It is a pain in the ass always things going wrong with it and rattles and noises all over the place but it is my pride and joy

Pretty much this. If I fix a rattle, it makes another. I fix a mechanical, it makes another, same for the electrics. The paint is awful with mismatched panels and a beat up front bumper, but I still feel quite proud inside when people ask what I drive 8)
ghostrider88

Post by ghostrider88 »

i really love my mr2, and i haven't had any problems worth mentioning. I do not lie when i say i treat is as a living thing :oops:. I even have given it a name, MR.2, and talks to him as a breathing person :lol:

don't blame any who think i'm a bit weird :roll:
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

ill let you know my feelings on monday when mine has the mot
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Mines called Mr 2 aswell lol. I cannot think of another car that's so cheap that gives as many thrills, which is why I bought it. I see cars that are worth possibly 100 times what I paid for mine at the side of the road broken down and just wonder why people buy these so called luxury prestige cars? I know 100 percent everytime I get in mine I have more fun than when a range rover owner gets in his expensive car.
No 2 :(
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

Ya got to say it can be a thrilling drive i get up quite early and go for a drive on a Sunday around 9-10am just to take in a few corners and push a bit of boost.
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

Draven wrote:I love my car too. It is a pain in the ass always things going wrong with it and rattles and noises all over the place but it is my pride and joy

Agreed I love my car. I let my mate drive it the other day as I'd never seen it from outside and thought it sounded awesome and when he got back he loved it.
ghostrider88

Post by ghostrider88 »

MR2 Rich wrote:Mines called Mr 2 aswell lol. I cannot think of another car that's so cheap that gives as many thrills, which is why I bought it. I see cars that are worth possibly 100 times what I paid for mine at the side of the road broken down and just wonder why people buy these so called luxury prestige cars? I know 100 percent everytime I get in mine I have more fun than when a range rover owner gets in his expensive car.

Word! 8)
sidewaysmk2tubby

Post by sidewaysmk2tubby »

I love the smile i get from having the t-bars open and on full boost.
I cant fault her for 2 years of owner ship and 2 mots with one advisory for low rear tyre tread thats pretty damn good for a 20 year old car. And with a mix of miles and km totalling 91K on the clock thats good going i reckon! I keep thinking of selling to buy something else but as soon as i go for a run i start to think theres no way im letting it go. Yes there have been slight mechanical/electrical faults but ive fixed every one myself and feel confident enough to do anything needed to fix it. And when the suns out and im out and about the amount of good attgention the car gets makes me proud to think that ive got it looking that good from my own hard work! Glad to say i own a mr2 Mk2!
"I know that son-of-a-b*tch is cheatin! Cause, I'm cheatin and he beat me"!
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

I have prob had more trouble with mine than most people. From engine going, head gasket and reshell the list is endless. I could have given up years ago and saved me around £10k. Isn't repairing an old car part of the fun owning one?

I dont mind the mechanical problems it's the electrical gremlins that i hate
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

T bar off. Sard r2d2 dump valve reverberation off the car im just over taking.

It never gets old.
andrew77

Post by andrew77 »

i love mine :)
ashley

Post by ashley »

I hate my car...it's gotten so far under my skin I can't leave it alone, I love driving it that much that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to move on from it....it's taken over my life and I had other automotive plans for the future! :mrgreen:
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

I love mine and she is now part of the family. I have had her 6 years and keep thinking about changing. I can’t see me ever been able to sell her.

I call her Tilly and she has been good as gold.

I purchased a TVR last year in a thought i would sell Tilly, instead moved the TVR on after 6 months.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

s'pose i love mine now, passed the mot without an advisory today, even the emissions were fine with a decat
wilki

Post by wilki »

Agreed :thumleft: I love my MR2, got one with my dad as a joint project, ended up with me getting my own for a daily driver. Still puts a smile on my face and feels like im driving something "special" :D :D :D
Chloke83

Post by Chloke83 »

My other half HATES mine as it seems to get more attention then her/the kids
:twisted:

I however love my car, it is tatty, it makes some weird noises, the rocker cover STILL leaks and it drinks fuel.

But....

It makes up for all that by the smile it puts on my face everytime i find a nice dry country road and VROOOOOOM! :clap:
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

I'm getting really bored and feeling a change again, nearly 8 years in an MR2 now! :roll:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”