Immaculate MR2 MK1 Very low mileage 39,400 mls

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

retrobloke

Immaculate MR2 MK1 Very low mileage 39,400 mls

Post by retrobloke »

Immaculate MR2 MK1

It has received plenty of TLC just some of the highlights are:
Koni adjustables with fensport springs (Over £500)
All suspension bushes have been changed for superflex
Powder coated (suspension arms, shock bodies, anti roll bars,bearing carriers, heat shield etc. etc.)
MK3 wheels (almost new when fitted, still superb condition + mk3 spare) fitted with goodyear eagles (Wheels and tyres Worth over £600).
All belts have been renewed from age perspective, rotor and cap, magnecor leads etc.
All discs and pads were renewed 4500 miles ago. All ancilliary bolts have been replaced with new ones
Bumper irons have been powder coated and waxoyled, like most of the rest of the car.
car re-sprayed a few years ago.
Folder of bills and documentation etc.

Not much to add to this other than it is a spot on car that has very low mileage. Just two points the cam cover is slightly blistered where it has been powder coated and 3 very small paint chips near door key hole and have been touched in. I doubt you will find a much better MR2 that is ready to run for years to come, with no work to have to do on it.

This car is priced to sell. You will find it hard to find another MR2 MK1 in this condition. I have owned 2 previous MR2 MK1's and I have bought another car, Yup another MR2 MK1 so unfortunately this has to go as I need the cash.

Car based in Liverpool

£3100 ovno

Don't have enough posts to post url's. But I do have pics of the the Car and Classic dot uk site
coanda

Re: Immaculate MR2 MK1 Very low mileage 39,400 mls

Post by coanda »

It looks like a lovely car.

Here's the link:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C313666

Good luck with the sale.
retrobloke

Immaculate MR2 MK1

Post by retrobloke »

Thanks for posting the link. I have looked at many MR2 MK1's over the last few years, and this is probably the best I have owned or viewed. It is truly immaculate for it's age and probably compared to any classic of this age.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

What documentation do you have with the car, does it have all M.O.T certificates to prove mileage?
retrobloke

Immaculate MR2 MK1 very low mileage

Post by retrobloke »

Hi
Thanks for the question. The cars history is a mixture of MOT's, service record and an invoice of sale when the car was bought by the previous owner.
It has service record from 89 to 97 mot's from 98 to July 2012. All showing the mileage as claimed.
The car has plenty more invoices for the work done on this car. All pretty well documented. I have only had one MR2 MK1 better documented than this one and I sold that with about 48k on the clock (Wish I hadn't bought GT4 big mistake)
cheers
Neil
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

Very tidy looking car.
Any rust on it at all?
Was there any before the respray?
Any interior pics and pics before/during respray?
If my Audi TT sells, I'll be very interested in this one

Michael
retrobloke

Immaculate MR2 MK1

Post by retrobloke »

Hi Michael

Thanks for the message. I will take some more photos tonight when I get home from work. But will be unable to upload on to forum because of less than 15 posts. Maybe you can PM me and I can attach pics that way?

The car was resprayed as far as I can make out just to refresh the original paintwork. this car has had a lot of work done on it including powdercoating and many nuts and bolts replaced with stainless ones.

I think personally the whole car has been built to a standard hence respray.
Once the car was finished the previous owner used only in the dry sunny weather, trips to the pub etc.
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

thanks for the reply fella, for some reason I thought you had it resprayed in your ownership (hence my question of if you had before and after pics). Don't know what made me think that, but it doesn't matter who paid for the spray after all.
Could you let me know if the car has any rust or bubbles, and if so what location
ta
Michael
retrobloke

Immaculate MR2 MK1

Post by retrobloke »

Hi Michael

Paintwork has no rust and having only been resprayed recently comes up a treat with quick polish. The respray cost over 2K

cheers

Neil
HT

Post by HT »

Is this Stuart Davidson's old MK1?
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

HT wrote:Is this Stuart Davidson's old MK1?

very much sounds like the same one (link to old advert......)
www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1 ... t=#1346372

If it is the same car, does it still come with the pinstripes and all the spares?
retrobloke

Post by retrobloke »

It is indeed Stuarts car. I do have some of the many spares but was unable to take all of the other items including the pinstripes, which I left with stuart. He might still have them !!!
The sale of the car does not include the other spares as I will keep them, just in case I need them for my next MR2.
retrobloke

Immaculate MR2 MK1 Reduced

Post by retrobloke »

Just a quick update. I have reduced the price to £2900 ovno
retrobloke

Immaculate MR2 MK1 REDUCED

Post by retrobloke »

Further reduction for very quick sale

NOW £2700 ovno

Return to “MR2s for Sale”