MR2 Rev 3 Turbo GTS

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

big_joe

MR2 Rev 3 Turbo GTS

Post by big_joe »

Im selling my MR2 as I need something a bit more economical, preferably a Honda. The car is a 1994 MR2 Rev 3 Turbo, Japanese import of course. I’ve used the car everyday for the last 6 months and it’s been fantastic, never letting me down.
Spec
90k miles
6months Tax and Test
Mongoose Exhaust system
New Greddy intercooler kit
Work Motorsport 4 piston big brake kit with brand new discs and EBC yellow pads all round.
BC coilovers
HKS induction kit
HKS blow off valve
JDM 17” staggered wheels 17x7.5 front, 17.8.5 rear

Since buying the car I’ve spent a small fortune improving it. First up I bought the JDM wheels as it’s essential for the handling on an MR2 to maintain the stagger. They are wrapped in Michelin pilot exalto tyres which are fantastic in dry and wet conditions. Next I spent £700 upgrading the brakes to the WMS kit with braided hoses, new discs and EBC yellows all round. I also had a Toad cat 1 alarm and immobiliser fitted, fitted a new ignition coil and gave her an oil change.

To drive, the car is incredibly tight, there are no funny noises and no smoke from the turbo/engine. It is always warmed up and cooled down in the correct fashion. The BC coilovers offer fantastic ride quality whilst tightening up the car and giving incredible handling. The brakes can rip your face off and the acceleration kicks you in the back :D. The body work of the car is also in magnificent condition, there is not a dent on it and it polishes up a treat.

Bad points
A small rust patch coming through on either arch and a small patch on the tbar roof.

Gearbox syncro – when changing from 4th to 3rd, there is a crunch at higher revs. Every other gear is perfect, I just double declutch 4th to 3rd and it completely eliminates it.

Tbar leak – It’s dripping a bit after prolonged heavy rain, this is easily fixed (and for free), I’ll do it if i get chance.

Due to the money I’ve spent and the fantastic condition I’m looking for £3500 ono. If the asking price is met I can Include an almost brand new greddy intercooler kit. Viewing and driving is highly recommended. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by big_joe on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big_joe

Re: MR2 Rev 3 Turbo GTS

Post by big_joe »

Did the old cling film and selotape repair yesterday, so T-bar should hopefully be leak free now :).
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Hmmm looks very tidy... I do love them in white..
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

Thanks, I'm a little surprised I've not had too much interest yet. I am open to sensible offers, I'm sure the first to see will buy!
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

I've found my next car so I'm going to offer this up at £3000 now, no offers. The Intercooler will be available seperately.
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

joe,

if t-bar doesnt work let me know - did it on my last with black silicon sealant and have loads spare so will do it for you if you run it across
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

Thanks, I'm sure it will have worked but haven't been able to test it........the one time I actually do want it to rain and it is sunny all week :lol:
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

Shes still here. T bar leak is now fixed. I'd really like it to go to an enthusiast but I will have to put it on ebay soon!
Demon A

Post by Demon A »

Where are you located mate?
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

Leeds
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

Yeah I'm in Leeds.....................how did you know that? :lol:
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

big_joe wrote:Yeah I'm in Leeds.....................how did you know that? :lol:

remember when u first got it and were selling wheels........that i missed out on lol
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

I see :D
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

Open to offers now.......going to have to open it up to the ebay retards shortly :twisted:.
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

Reduced to £2750
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

Still not had much interest in this.........it's an absolutely cracking car. Anyone any pointers? It's on Ebay now too.
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

Still here, i've not actively been trying to sell it for a while as I've been enjoying driving it too much, but it's still for sale for the right offer. Now has a full new greddy intercooler kit fitted too. Also have a perfect rev 3 box waiting to go on :).
riot68

Post by riot68 »

if this was in 2 months time... Will keep an eye on the thread, you never know...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

Still here everyone, willing to listen to offers around the £2700 mark
big_joe

Post by big_joe »

12 months MOT and 6 months tax about to be added........

Return to “MR2s for Sale”