[Mk2] [Turbo] Cold start issue's - Rev 2 Tubby

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig_mr2_mk1

[Mk2] [Turbo] Cold start issue's - Rev 2 Tubby

Post by craig_mr2_mk1 »

I've got a revision 2 turbo that has recently had the cambelt and head gasket replaced, it ran fine untill the wastegate failed. I've since had the turbo rebuilt and new fensport actuator fitted but now when the engine is cold if you floor the throttle the engine is slow to rev, cough's splutters and even pops a few flames out of the exhaust. It doesnt do this when the engine is upto normal tempreture and there are no codes stored either.
Any idea's??
dantheman

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Cold start issue's - Rev 2 Tubby

Post by dantheman »

Possibly an over fuelling cold start injector? Not sure, but bloody hell man dont floor it from cold. its bad for engine wear.
djpkins

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Cold start issue's - Rev 2 Tubby

Post by djpkins »

Has the cold start switch been broken during the turbo swap? they're very delicate when old...unplug the 5th injector, it's underneath the throttle body, above the fuel rail...you'll see the fuel supply line to it...just unplugging the sensor may not fix the prob...I had very similar prob with the cold start/injector overfuelling, so I've yanked it, it just doesn't quite catch as instantly as it did when extremely cold, I can live with that.

Return to “Mechanical”