Hello from Devon

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dan
Premium Member

Hello from Devon

Post by Dan »

Hi all,

Been lurking for a long while as I have had a MK1 non-T-bar for nearly 8 years, need to ask some questions about a recently purchased MK2 rev5 T-bar so thought it polite to introduce myself.

(I would post a photo of the two but apparently I need to post more before I can do that...)

The MK1 is my 2nd - I had a blue MK1 one many years ago - and had a blue MK3 as a company car back in 2005-6. Never had a MK2 so started looking casually earlier this summer and picked up the one you see here, which makes it my 4th MR2.

I'm looking forward to some fun comparing the MK1 and MK2. First impressions are that the MK2 is a lot more 'solid', both in terms of feeling more planted, but also less chuckable, but then I'm nowhere near as familiar with it yet as I am with the MK1. Nice to compare the T-bar and 'moon roof' too. Surprising how familiar the MK2 is to a MK1 owner - the MK3 could have been made by another company for all the similarities of look and feel with the MK1.

I like my cars standard - I'm not an anal MG owner, it's just that I like to appreciate them pretty much as they were intended. I understand why others mod, but that's just not my interest :wink: The MK1 has had both rear wheel arches done and its wheels need a refurb again, but I view these items as consumables for the long-term MR2 owner :roll: and from a practical point of view it received a Magnex stainless exhaust when the mild steel one rotted out. The MK2 looks pretty much standard too, right down to the 'cancer bars'... :D

Dan.
Navz

Re: Hello from Devon

Post by Navz »

Welcome to IMOC Dan.

You'll be posting up pics in no time i'm sure, can't wait to see them. :thumleft:
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Welcome aboard Dan, nice to have another Devonian :)
klimite

Post by klimite »

Hey I'm somerset border (exmoor to be exact) anyone near by?

Return to “Member Profiles”