Passenger window issue

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dan23

Passenger window issue

Post by Dan23 »

Right when I picked my mr2 both windows went up and down fine, but out of the blue last Friday (after it working fine about an hour prior) the passenger window has started to play up. My drivers switch won't sent it down or up, the passenger switch will only sent it down, but to get it up you have to play about with both switches to get it back up. Now normally if one side works and another don't it's a switch and if neither work it's the motor, but it's odd how it just randomly started, wasn't a progressive thing. Anyone had the same problem and what they did or any suggestions on what to do?
Nails

Re: Passenger window issue

Post by Nails »

Sounds like a earth issue or water ingress in the plug of the door to me.
Dan23

Post by Dan23 »

Yeah my mate suggested I take both plugs out, clean up the terminals and male sure they are pushed home when put back on
Mr2_NA

Post by Mr2_NA »

I had water within the wire covers on mine and it seeped right up the wire.

I'd clean all the terminals up then head into them with loads of contact cleaner.

Replaced 5 wires from the kick panel plug to the switch in the end (driver side) worked ever since :)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”