[Mk2] [Turbo] water injection

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

wickermonkey

[Mk2] [Turbo] water injection

Post by wickermonkey »

Who has it and is it worth doing?

Ive just bought whippetts (paul lippett) mr2, which i am very impressed with, and had a few mods in mind to increase reliability plus more power in the future. The first two things i had in mind was intercooler spray and water/methnol injection. Not sure which injection kit to go for, aem, devils water, erl aquamist. Anybody got any preferences
megatart

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] water injection

Post by megatart »

hi. ive got the AEM one. Seems good. Cools down the intake quite a bit, and helps to prevent knock. Worth doing if ur having knock issues and wanna run higher boost. As regards the AEM kit, i cant fault it. Not sure about others.
w1ck3rm0nk3y

Post by w1ck3rm0nk3y »

Tis running fine, ryan at 2bar tuning got it running 442bhp at 1.5bar. just wanted to get a bit more relablility for if we ever have a proper summer again.

Might go for the AEM kit, does anybody have any recomendations other than the bay?
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

Jim_GTS has one for sale
Nails

Post by Nails »

is there much point in fitting this kind of kit to a mainly bolt on modded '2 with the standard turbo still? Noticed on mine even after fitting the new intercooler that still feels quiet cool after a spirited drive but the pipe leading to the throttle body is almost to hot to the touch.
tarmac terrorist

Post by tarmac terrorist »

I have a spearco one its been on there for about 10yrs now ,i run 50/50 methanol/water worth having as a safe guard but i never have mine mapped with it on so if it runs out of fluid it doesnt matter im now thinking of making a spray bar kit also for me boot mount intercooler :thumleft:
wickermonkey

Post by wickermonkey »

just about to fit one of these onto mine aswell as going to fit an intercooler spray, more to take care of the engine rather than more power. If you google it then you will get a better understanding of what it does as its not only cools the intake temps, I'm not the best at explaining so i wont try, where as the intercooler spray will only cool the air temps but is more usefull when you are in traffic or after/before a 1/4 mile and your not moving much.

You will be surprised at how quick aluminium will cool down with airflow over it but will also heat up quickly if there isnt any

Return to “Modifications”