carbon pipework?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

timmomr2

carbon pipework?

Post by timmomr2 »

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performan ... r/522/2253

ive seen this on demon tweeks and i remember a while ago that i think ben from carbenfiber creations was talking about wrapping intercooler pipes in carbon. im after changing my intake pipework and was wondering if anyone new where i could get some carbon pipework that would be suitable for this. its not goint to have to take majour presure as it's just ai filter to turbo for now but i think it would look really nice if i could find the right stuff.

im not to fussed wheather its wrapped or solid as it wont make a huge difference but i would like it to have the notches at the end to prevent the hoses slipping off. anyone got any suggesgions? i know it has been mentioned before but now i have seen demon tweeks doing small parts like this i presume someone must have conqured it. any help appreciated cheers :)
Draven

Re: carbon pipework?

Post by Draven »

I'm interested as to what you would gain by wrapping pipes in carbon.. surely they would lose flexibilty..
nevolution

Post by nevolution »

If you're just after the look, get a hard pipe for the filter to turbo and wrap it with 3M carbonfiber-look vinyl. Keep the seam on the bottom of the pipe and you won't see it. Done.
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

i am just after the look admitedly but im a bit of a snob lol i like to have the real thing. duno how well the wrap would cope with the heat from the turbo either. i diid consider it though, i wouldnt mid it just having a layer of carbon moulded arround an ally pipe
al/c

carbon

Post by al/c »

have a look on the carbon mods website they do skinning kits and heat resistant resin. :)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”