Jez's 1991 G-Limited (Car change pg 3!)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jez@Devoted

Jez's 1991 G-Limited (Car change pg 3!)

Post by Jez@Devoted »

Hello everyone

Ill start with an introduction as im new! Im Jez From Kent

This is my second MR2 (first one was a project that never went anywhere)

Im not new to cars at all, This one will be my 28th! as i get bored and find new ones to play with, this is just a few of my old cars

Just to list a few!

So i bought this last weekend, its a 1990 G-Limited, imported over in 92 i think and it currently stands with 82k on the clocks! and after a 3 hours polishing session this is who she has come out (excuse the iphone pics)

So the current plans are to sort out the ride height! get some new wheels, upgrate rear lights and find a lip kit for now!
Last edited by Jez@Devoted on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
craig

Re: Jez's 1991 G-Limited (Car change pg 3!)

Post by craig »

Looks stunning mate! Nice original tidy example :thumleft:

Some nice previous cars up there, welcome to IMOC. Enjoy the site and have fun with the car 8)
Jez@Devoted

Post by Jez@Devoted »

Thanks matey! pics dont do it justice because i used my phone, although ive just applied some wax coats after a proper hot wash and this is how she turned out 8)

phone again, but in good light!
craig

Post by craig »

WOW just WOW! :o :shock:

That looks like a mirror! Just like the car has been stuck in a showroom since 1990! :clap:
Jez@Devoted

Post by Jez@Devoted »

thanks! the plans should be coming together now, im shopping for some new wheels and suspension to start with, then i think some colour coding and clear front lenses will keep me happy for the time being whilst i do my research into other mods

is there a standard as to which MR2 owners modify first? as in "oh you'd best replace this as its the first thing that goes" ect?
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Heya Jez and welcome to both ownership and the forum. As has been said that's a very tidy and standard looking 2... maybe keep it that way?
If not and you fancy some mods my advice would be to mod as the standard parts start to fail. That helps keep your costs down and is how I've done mine (the problem is it takes quite a while this way... I've had mine nearly 12yrs and been modding for about half of them... pics in my garage of how it looks now).
The only other advice I'd dare offer is if you're doing the suspension don't forget top mounts, ball joints and new bushes... otherwise you won't get the best from new springs/struts etc. The other thing you could do is upgrade the brakes when you next need disks or have a failed or stuck caliper. The larger items from the later cars are much better and can be had from cars being broken etc quite cheaply... certainly a good mod for rev1s like ours.
Meanwhile enjoy the drive and have fun with it, great cars.

:thumleft:

R
Jez@Devoted

Post by Jez@Devoted »

Hey! thanks for your advise there! :clap:

ill certainly look into newer brakes as the ones i have feel dated and feel like they take me a while to stop! (or maybe because i drive an 03 plate aswel it will feel different!)
Jez@Devoted

Post by Jez@Devoted »

Small update!

Fitted one of these, not everyone cup of tea but im a sucker for gadgets

craig

Post by craig »

Very James Bond :mrgreen:
matt-mr2

Post by matt-mr2 »

nice car m8 i have the exact same gear knob
Jez@Devoted

Post by Jez@Devoted »

matt-mr2 wrote:nice car m8 i have the exact same gear knob

oh awesome! :clap:

i have a new jap style exhaust for the car going on in a week (please dont hate but its that carbon one you could get from halfords years ago! i got it for £10 when i used to work there about 4 years ago and found it in a friends garage) so thats being welded on soon, cant complain at free exhausts, plus from memory it sounded nice
craig

Post by craig »

pics of exhaust mate?
Jez@Devoted

Post by Jez@Devoted »

its pretty mush the same as this, except the tip is a tiny bit shorter by about 5cm and its not blue tipped, other than that, bar taking a photo, its the same

DB Mr2

Post by DB Mr2 »

amazing condition, that looks like a new paintjob!! if you have any tips on how to get the paintwork looking that good please let me know!
Jez@Devoted

Post by Jez@Devoted »

Lots of elbow grease! a new bunch of mircofibre cloths a good polish and a nice wax!
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Jez@Devoted wrote:Lots of elbow grease! a new bunch of mircofibre cloths a good polish and a nice wax!
+1.

Welcome, nice motor :thumleft: Part of me wants to say that i wouldn't change too much on the car, its fairly rare you come across Rev1's in good 'original' condition let alone excellent condition. But hey its upto you and the other half of me wants to say change the exhaust and wheels first and maybe add an iduction kit to make it sound even nicer. You could change the front light clusters if you wanted to, either clear or smoked and you could change the front lip to a Rev2 + lip which would change the looks of the front a bit. Depends how far you want to go with it !!

:thumleft:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
Jez@Devoted

Post by Jez@Devoted »

well my OCD wants to make it look smart and sound loud so thats whats in store for it!

i just fitted an induction kit and lost all the resonator boxes my plans are to colour code, lowered, nice wheels, exhaust and a general tidy up of some bits

im hoping to have it look something like this one

Jez@Devoted

Post by Jez@Devoted »

Red bulb kit :D

craig

Post by craig »

Nice work mate, looks good :thumleft:
Jez@Devoted

Post by Jez@Devoted »

Ah its the simple things that keep me happy till the next payday!

got my steering wheel boss today (eBay £15!) just need to pick up a momo steering wheel of my friend and ill fit it and get some pics up

Return to “Member Profiles”