Classicline: Insured for £195

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MID LIFE CRISIS

Classicline: Insured for £195

Post by MID LIFE CRISIS »

Just wanted to say thanks to all that suggested insurance companies for the MR2 . Classic Line in Hinckley Leicestershire came out tops for me . Comp. 3k miles £195 agreed value too . Sky was £300 + and only TPFT ! Give them a try and talk to Hitz , top fella.

Jayson.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Re: Classicline: Insured for £195

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

And i want to say thanks to you Mid Life Crisis. Saved me £600 with this post.

I was tearing my hair out over problems with current (now ex insurer), came on here to have a look at some suggestions. One phone call later ive saved £600. With classic line the policy was cheaper than the last four payments left on the old policy . Brilliant ! Agreed valaution, mods declared etc £245 compared to £840+ i was paying. Good work mate.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

good stuff, was with them last year :) they are really quite superb :thumleft:
Phill P

Post by Phill P »

Got mine with them a couple of weeks ago.
92 rev2 turbo,17 wheels,exhaust,intake,lowerd,ebc.

£280 with 250 excess,3000 miles garaged

:thumleft:
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar
agentturbo

Post by agentturbo »

wow !!!!all getting deals with declared mods.. will keep this in mind when my renewal pops in through the letter box.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

agentturbo wrote:wow !!!!all getting deals with declared mods.. will keep this in mind when my renewal pops in through the letter box.

i had 'Drive other cars' on my classic policy too, and could build up no claims discount(although i had to start fresh and build up from scratch), classicline are great, can't fault them, only reason i went with a different company was the price :) i''m £213 this year, fully comp(dunno about driving other cars, it wasn't required anyway) all mods declared etc, etc :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: oh, i also have full european breakdown :thumleft:
aw11rally

Post by aw11rally »

Just renewed my classicline policy. Mk1 MR2 with rev1 turbo block, rev3 head and Ct20 turbo with st205 chargecooler.

All mods declared, limited mileage (5000miles) and agreed value of £3500.

£281 for 12months.

I'm happy but £70 more than last year.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

aw11rally wrote:Just renewed my classicline policy. Mk1 MR2 with rev1 turbo block, rev3 head and Ct20 turbo with st205 chargecooler.

All mods declared, limited mileage (5000miles) and agreed value of £3500.

£281 for 12months.

I'm happy but £70 more than last year.

the thing with the limited mileage is, they don't always charge to take it off(seems to only be when you start the policy it affect the price)

i rang them up to tell them i was gonna go over the limit(they told me to call if this was gonna happen) so i rang up, explained that i was actually gonna have to use the car as a daily driver for the forseeable future, the girl i spoke to took the limit completely off with no extra charge, i dunno if it's because i paid the premium in full or what, but it was no problem at all, brilliant customer service too :thumleft:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

I have been surprised again by Classic Line today. My proof of no claims came through and i rang up to see if i could add it to my policy.

I have now sent my proof of no claims through via email. The person i spoke to gave me their email address so they would deal with it personally. Now that i have done this my no claims will accumulate so just in case in the future i want to go else where. Brilliant un biased service. Everyone ive spoken to on the phone has been very polite and seem to know their stuff. :thumleft:
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

you dont accumalate ncb on a classic policy, classic line just store it for you so that it doesnt run out (ususally considered to be expired if you dont have continuous insurance for 2 years)
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Quigonjay wrote:you dont accumalate ncb on a classic policy, classic line just store it for you so that it doesnt run out (ususally considered to be expired if you dont have continuous insurance for 2 years)

A Director of the company personally told me today that i will accumulate no claims hence why i said it in the post above mate. Maybe im wrong but thats what they said ! :-k
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

i will enquire again when my renewal is up but we have been told different things
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Quigonjay wrote:i will enquire again when my renewal is up but we have been told different things

Let me know what happens. How long you been with them ?
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

this will be my 2nd renewal with them/3rd year
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Quigonjay wrote:this will be my 2nd renewal with them/3rd year

i was told you CAN accumilate NCB, but you can't use your existing NCB, i.e. i had 4 years NCB which i can't use with classicline, but after a year with them, i have 1 years NCB that i could use with them, which i've used with another company :thumleft: :thumleft:

oh, but yeah, classicline did say they could 'store' my 4 years NCB to stop it going out of date after 2 years or whatever :thumleft: :thumleft:
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

ah ok, sounds like i might have misunderstood
so the ncb you accumalate with them doesnt go on top of your stored ncb, just starts from scratch again
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Quigonjay wrote:ah ok, sounds like i might have misunderstood
so the ncb you accumalate with them doesnt go on top of your stored ncb, just starts from scratch again

yeah that's what i've done anyway, you start accumulating new NCB with classicline, i know a lot of classic companies don't use it anyway but still good, especially if your mr2 is a weekend car or whatever :thumleft: :thumleft:
RichLee

Post by RichLee »

I just tried them, they won't insure my car due to modifications? :neutral:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

RichLee wrote:I just tried them, they won't insure my car due to modifications? :neutral:

:-k :-k :-k that's odd, i'm not with them this year but i never had any problem before??
Baker

Post by Baker »

235 FC, mods declared, 3k miles.

:clap:

Admiral next cheapest with mods, a GRAND!

[-X

Return to “Trader Feedback”