[Mk2] [NA] how can i disarm the alarm

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

S A Watt

[Mk2] [NA] how can i disarm the alarm

Post by S A Watt »

Hi guys can someone help me with a problem.

I have just bough my first mk 2 but i have a problem with alarm.

The sellar advised that he disconnected the battery over the winter and when he put it back on his alarm kept going off and the car would not start.

He has pulled the fuse which means that not only the alarm wont go but the stereo, interior light and clock are also out as on the same fuse. If i put fuse in they all work but alarm goes off.

His garage say that it need to be put on the machine at toyota and they will sort it out.

I just though that i would ask some advise on here to see if anyone has had a similar situaton and if they can give me any ideas on the problem and if i can sort out myself.

Can i just disconnect the alarm at present so i can get the fuse back in and the rest of the bits working.

Apart from this the car is swell.
raptor95GTS

Re: [Mk2] [NA] how can i disarm the alarm

Post by raptor95GTS »

hi shane just noticed this port of yours, how's it going? As far as the alarm goes is it a OEM unit and with it disconneted how the heck does the car run lol! That's a worry. If you can trace the original wiring then I'd say disconnect it but you'd be better with a proper Auto Electrican looking at it as you don't want the darned thing stopping the motor when you're out and about. I can't imagine anyone in Toyota will be better as they likely don't see this alarm anymore or have anyone around that knows it better :pale:
S A Watt

Post by S A Watt »

cheers Allan

Yip i pulled the plug on the alarm yesterday which is behind door panel on drivers side and when i started it it run for about 1 second and then cut out.
Fitted plug again and then fine so the immoboliser does its job when the plud is unplugged.

Wont be taking car on road till April so will get someone to look at it then.

Just though if alarm an imob disconnected i could have fuse back in so the clock, stereo and interior light worked.

Not a major problem.

Got it all cleaned up and will do the normal oil change etc to it soon.

Shane
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

This is the exact same problem I'm having. I had a fiddle around in the car and managed to fix without even realising what I'd done. (I removed a few old speaker cables from the previous owner is all). All was well for 2 weeks, until it randomly started again. What the hell, car? :(
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Bit of progress, if you can call it that.. I've found the actual control box that I believe is causing the chirping sound, however, it's unable to be unplugged without immobilising the car. I'll continue my investigation in the daylight :thumleft:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Right, fixed! I've managed to completely disable the factory alarm and immobiliser so they no longer bother me, whilst having the 'Dome' fuse in for the lights and such. I'll PM you to see how you're doing with it, as I don't want to post how on a public forum.

:D

Return to “ICE and Security”