Fallout: New Vegas

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

StevieL

Fallout: New Vegas

Post by StevieL »

Has anyone got it? Any good? Better than Fallout 3?

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/ ... oduct.html

I need something to occupy me while I'm off at Christmas and I'm not holding my breath for GT5 :lol:
Ekona

Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Post by Ekona »

It's the same game as F3. If you liked that you'll like this. Think of it as a large expansion pack.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

ekona wrote:It's the same game as F3. If you liked that you'll like this. Think of it as a large expansion pack.

What he said, Couple of lads I work with who completed F3 do not stop talking about NV and swapping info.

I finally got round to starting F3 GOTY last week and liking it.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Fallout 3 was a really good game, I just wished there were more weapons & ammo at times.

Think I'll be investing in this :thumleft:
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

New Vegas is good. It also has hardcore mode.

You also now have the option to use iron sights. Just like call of duty with the first person aiming.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

StevieL wrote:Fallout 3 was a really good game, I just wished there were more weapons & ammo at times.

I just wish it didn't keep crashing :roll:
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

It never crashed on me once, and I had some mega sessions on it :-k
vinnyninja

Post by vinnyninja »

its crashed on me loads , even after i downloaded the patch (PS3) its buggy and glitchy , and i stuck on a quest i cant finish cuz of a bug that wont let me finish ....

part from that its great , fallout 3 times by 3 id say
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Booted this up last night. Didnt really get out of Goodsprings, and just been robbing a load of stuff and selling it all to hopefully help me buy a decent gun.

Only issue is I am playing on hard and I am getting my ass kicked due to the utterly crud guns. I got attacked by a rad scorpion and unloaded everything I had into it and hardly knocked off half its health.

Going to have to put some more hours in and level my guy up a bit and find some decent stuff.

Graphics look like they have had a bit of a otuch up in areas.

ZOMG though they really need to expand the radio play list. I know its after the Apocalypse but surley they have more than 4 records kicking around? First time I heard Big Iron I was hoping they would have a decent selection of Country tunes - maybe some Cash to hum along too!

NOPE! A few mins later it comes back on, and its also being played on the other channels as well! Wish there was a way of adding your own play list. I reckon some Johnny Cash American 4 and American 5 albums would work perfectly with the setting.
fizz

Post by fizz »

I spent 6 months on and off playing Fallout 3 and completed the story line but only completed 40% of the game! Its so bloody vast with side missions etc!

My boss has got this and i will be borrowing it off him once he is done as i gave him Fallout 3 after i was done. lol

Looking forward to playing this! :thumleft:
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

You gotta run from them rad scorpions if you're not hard yet.

I've got some nice guns with a few upgrades now. I've also got Boone for backup.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

The rad scorpions are a bit speedy though - tried pegging it after being jumped and couldnt get away from them.

I need to find a decent gun like the Lincoln Repeater in the first game - then I can start popping heads.
Azz

Post by Azz »

I LOVE fallout 3 and NV, doing it on Hardcore Mode as we speak, about 40 hours in. Its hard but it will be worth it. :mrgreen:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

I really like the bug in the PS3 version that in a split second the screen goes black then returns to the XMB ... Genius that one!!!
fizz

Post by fizz »

Andy Jones wrote:I really like the bug in the PS3 version that in a split second the screen goes black then returns to the XMB ... Genius that one!!!

a particular fav of mine is that!
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

got to say i wasnt keen on it after i found out it was preety much the same game but different maps and missions, but the game really has grasped me and im loving it! wish i had more time to play
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

I have found it slower to start than FO3 - but I am getting into it now and it seems that there is more depth with the factions and the missions.

I dont know whats going on with the Powder Gangers though.

I dress up as one of them and try and get into the prison and despite bribing my entry, as I get close to the main door they attack me? I have killed a few of them previously - dont know if by doing that I have closed down the possibility of doing those missions?

Almost dont want to just go in firing and killing everyone and potentially miss out on certain quest lines etc - but I suppose the idea behind the factions is that you side with certain groups and then play again, and do it differently? Or can you side will all groups in 1 play through?

Reverse pick pocketing dynamite is always a laugh!
craig

Post by craig »

Just bought fallout 3. Looking forward to getting into it :thumleft:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

RedMR² wrote:Just bought fallout 3. Looking forward to getting into it :thumleft:

As Azz put in another thread IIRC, give it a chance to get going, it's a bit slow but once you get to Megaton :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

And in case anyone didn't know, New Vegas is £19.99 @ Gamestation (360 & PS3) http://www.gamestation.co.uk/lowdown.as ... ers-_-best
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Bender Unit wrote:I have found it slower to start than FO3

is that even possible?! fo3 is the only game that ive ever had to attend my own 10th bday party then lol i hated how slow it started which is why i never played it, finally got outside the vault saved it and turned it off never to play it again lol

Return to “Games Consoles”