[Mk2] [NA] 1990 .. Heaters

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SLOPPY

[Mk2] [NA] 1990 .. Heaters

Post by SLOPPY »

heaters not working not warming up when cars up to running temp not even blowing any ideas of a solution please
HighwayStar

Re: [Mk2] [NA] 1990 .. Heaters

Post by HighwayStar »

Is your floor carpet getting wet fella? Particularly the passenger side? Is this dampness sweet to the taste... don't inbibe as if it is it's coolant. If so it's probably time for a new heater matrix. Get one 2nd hand but it needs the dash out to fit I'm afraid.
Mind you if it's not blowing at all it may be the actual heater control unit at the front that's broken... is it still getting power? Does it still light up?

R
SLOPPY

Post by SLOPPY »

thanks was thinking of the control gear as carpets not getting wet
picking car up on saturday so will have proper look this weekend and i know how much of a pain changing the matrix is done enough fords in the past
cheers for the info
kevin
SLOPPY

Post by SLOPPY »

still having probs with the heaters
have looked all day today lol for the heater control unit but carnt find it
i had the idea of stripping out the bits i need out of my rev 1 1990 uk car but even with the manual im useing i still carnt locate this unit..
there are no relays to be found on my uk car and none that i can find according to the manual location
have been informed that when the new 2 was imported the a/c was taken out and parts wernt refitted so the heaters could be used as normal..
so i need to find the heater control unit if there is 1 on my uk car to fit to the import and also i need to fit the radiator switch to get the heaters up and running on the import
"HELP"
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Get it down to Luke at Pacific Works to sort it fella... you could be a while trying to identify probs with the coolant system/heaters....

R.

Return to “Electrical”