[All] [Generic] Carbotech Pads

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Adam86
Premium Member

[All] [Generic] Carbotech Pads

Post by Adam86 »

I currently have cabotech pads in the front which l bought used and believe they are the Panther Plus (AX6). Huge improvement!!

Anyway l now need some pads for the rear but should l go for AX6 or XP8 all round?

I do trackdays although not with this mr2 yet so l need know if the Panther Plus will cope with hard track use?

My car is running about 290bhp with no weight reduction.

Previously l used yellow stuff in my old N/A so unsure about the carbotech range.

Any advice or peoples experiences would be much appreciated :thumleft:
paul port

Re: [All] [Generic] Carbotech Pads

Post by paul port »

Panther Plus is the better all-round pad for day-to-day use
XP8 only if your car is a track toy only.

Note, Are any of their pads Emarked these days? if not they are technically illegal to use on the road (worth a mention anyway)
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

I've always used panther plus, 400 @ the hubs in my car so you should be fine.

Mikejc
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

im running XP8 all round and my car is used on the road. brakes are absolutely fine on the road, and work from cold, though sometime you have to brake slightly harder than expected from about 20mph. havent faded for me on track either and they have good longevity.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

dantheman wrote:im running XP8 all round and my car is used on the road. brakes are absolutely fine on the road, and work from cold, though sometime you have to brake slightly harder than expected from about 20mph. havent faded for me on track either and they have good longevity.

The fact that you have to brake harder from 20mph isn't a good sign really is it. Nano seconds added to braking distances can be the difference to stopping in time of suffering a prang!

I have used the Panther Plus on the track many times and never once suffered fade. The bite well from cold also.

They are the better all round option IMHO.

Mikejc
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

depends on how you use them. once i realised that i push the pedal hard when i want to start slowing and release as necessary, instead of how you normally would, brake lightly and increase pressure. adapting driving style is the key

Return to “Modifications”