[Mk2] [Turbo] Los of power and air coming out of manifold gasket or manifold itself

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

pez

[Mk2] [Turbo] Los of power and air coming out of manifold gasket or manifold itself

Post by pez »

Hi all,

I was driving the car last weekend and noticed that the dump valve is not making much of hissing noise anymore. I Ignored it and drove home.

In the morning i drove the car again and noticed the same thing. So i parked up and and reved the engine to see if a pipe is disconnected but i notice that the heat shield moves about. So i figured out that it might either be the Manifold gasket or the manifold itself which is gone.

I also have loss of power. Has this happened to anyone? Is it expensive to fix? Could it be something else and not the gasket or manifold?

P.s. i have not removed the heat shield to investigate but i know it is from under there somewhere.

Thanks
Slarty

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Los of power and air coming out of manifold gasket or manifold itself

Post by Slarty »

It's not uncommon for the exhaust manifold gasket to leak, but that's usually because the studs/nuts securing it have come loose. Whip the heat shield off and check they're all tight would be my first port of call.

Return to “Mechanical”