Few pics of my new splitter

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Andy_Foz

Few pics of my new splitter

Post by Andy_Foz »

Decided the splitter that came on my car was a bit too small and needed something a bit deeper to balance out the border spats a little more. Picked a Greddy one in the end, but unfortunately paid full whack then a second hand one came up for sale a few days later! Doh!

Anyway, im well happy with it! Need to get it painted, but just literally threw a rattle can over it until I can afford to have it properly done so its at least vaguely the same colour!

Here she is for now.

Andy

solly

Re: Few pics of my new splitter

Post by solly »

How much was it.
Andy_Foz

Post by Andy_Foz »

Im not telling you.
carlos9999

Post by carlos9999 »

Andy_Foz wrote:Im not telling you.

:lol: i saw the second hand one too

your happy mate. thats the main thing
Andy_Foz

Post by Andy_Foz »

Yeah, definitely, Carlos. In the grand scheme of things, I can swallow a tank or so of petrol's difference between new and second hand as a one off. Just have to get it painted or carbon'd next month when Im not so overdrawn!

Andy
carlos9999

Post by carlos9999 »

i think the colour match dont look too bad... i wanna get a front lip too but im not sure which to get... :-k

btw... ive got a set of those wheels.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

That looks good . .. . nice choice of kit combo :thumleft:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

I got mine from RMG rogue was around £150 delivered i think, the fit is superb went straight on, RMG even drilled off the holes before they sent it out :thumleft:
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

looking good :thumleft:
solly

Post by solly »

Andy_Foz wrote:Im not telling you.

Cheers very helpful :clap:
ashley

Post by ashley »

:clown:
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

:clap: Good choice, i have one coming soon =P~
the colour match looks quite good (from the pic's that is) get it Carbon'd :mrgreen: (my 2p)

The 2 is looking goood buddy :thumleft:
fearless

Post by fearless »

Andy_Foz wrote:Decided the splitter that came on my car was a bit too small and needed something a bit deeper to balance out the border spats a little more. Picked a Greddy one in the end, but unfortunately paid full whack then a second hand one came up for sale a few days later! Doh!

Anyway, im well happy with it! Need to get it painted, but just literally threw a rattle can over it until I can afford to have it properly done so its at least vaguely the same colour!

Here she is for now.

Andy

sorry a quick question i fancy one of these for mine is your car lowered and can you get up a low curb with it fitted.

reason i ask is i have a small curb to get on my driveway and wouldnt want to take it off on the curb. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

There very low mate, i scrape mine underneath on kerbs / driveways, car is on stock bilstein suspention with stock springs, very low ground clearance on the greddy.
Andy_Foz

Post by Andy_Foz »

Actually, it wasnt too bad at all!

Mine (ive sold it now, on the hunt for another as we speak!!!) was on stock rev 3 suspension and was pretty much 6 inches off the floor, so plenty of room for roadhumps etc. Even went straight over the small sleeping policemen where one wheel goes over each side if you know what i mean? im sure they have a proper name...

Andy
fearless

Post by fearless »

hmmm ive changed my mind on lowering mine now and 6" would clear the small curb outside my house hmmmm. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
Andy_Foz

Post by Andy_Foz »

Just had a look at your garage, pal... it would look lovely on your car in that colour! DO IT!!!

Andy
fearless

Post by fearless »

yes mate im really considering it i was going to go with border bumper but this would be a lot less costly and easier to do,
might have to hold off with the rev 3 light conversion, im just waiting for my toms scoop to arive so that will keep me busy for a while,
god this car is costing me a fortune most modfied car ive owned ive changed nearly every part on it or modified it. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

fearless

Post by fearless »

Razor04 wrote:Image

hmmm that does look very low indeed, the aeroware is less deep but doesnt look half as good as the greddy might have to get one and reverse onto drive way, it looks so nice i had the money to have my drive done but begrudged giving the council £500 and bought a dog instead. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”