My First MR2

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tranx

My First MR2

Post by tranx »

Hi All,

On Monday my van failed it's MOT in spectacular fasion. I then thought "I've had enough of this bloody money pit, lets see how bangernomics can do me for the next couple of years". So I searched through auto trader for everything under £1000 with less than 100K on the clock. I came across a neglected, cold and lonely 1993 MK2 MR2. Despite being a light blue in colour I saw that as no threat to my masculinity. It was then my search for a cheap car became a lucky spot of a car I had wanted for years but assumed I couldn't afford. I checked parts prices, availabilty, insurance costs, all were the same as or lower than for my old van!

So here it goes, I've been to view it and laid down £650 for a 1993 MR2 2.0 with 59K on the clock and a full service history. I'm off to pick it up this morning. It needs some surface rust on both rear arches treating and a quick blow by but the sills are solid and everything else looks in a good state. I'm bouncing off the walls waiting for my lift to arrive.

Wish me luck!
ancient mariner

Re: My First MR2

Post by ancient mariner »

hello and welcome to the best mr2 club on the planet :roll:
enjoy your new car :thumleft: .paul.
brgbrm

Post by brgbrm »

Sounds amazing for that mileage and fsh! What is a 'quick blow by'?
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

bargain good luck with it - the colour will likely be Zircon Blue, top colour :D
tranx

Post by tranx »

Cheers guys, just got home through some terrible weather but despite that grinning from ear to ear all the way.

A quick blow by being a paint spray but not the full panel, just a blended section.

Annoyingly I noticed something on the way back that I had missed yesterday as the car was still a bit icy, there is a large crack on the sunroof. It's not leaking but I'm still annoyed at myself for not noticing.

Oh well these things happen, I'll keep an eye open for one.

No squeeks, rattles or noise in the cabin. The seats and interior are very tidy and show the low milage of the car.

Couldn't be happier, unless it was nice and dry so I could go enjoy it a bit more! :D
Rhiannan

Post by Rhiannan »

Welcome to IMOC :thumleft: looking forward to some pics of your car, it sounds like you got a good deal 8)
craig

Post by craig »

£650, can't grumble at that! All the best with it mate, and welcome to IMOC :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Aye, get some pics up! :thumleft: 8)
tranx

Post by tranx »

Here's the first picture of the car, sorry for the poor quality:

marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

looks good :thumleft:
1993 GT TURBO
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

I'll give it a couple of months before you starting thinking V6 or Turbo lol.

Looks like a nice example that, can't argue for what you paid.
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm

Return to “Member Profiles”