[Mk2] [Generic] BC Coilovers

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bry

[Mk2] [Generic] BC Coilovers

Post by Bry »

Just fitted a set of these coilovers to a friends mr2 and it seems as though the front shocks are gone. There is absolutely no damping and adjusting the damper knob makes no different it's as if the car is riding on just the springs If the car goes over any dips in the roads the fronts make an allmighty bang (bit like there's a couple of midgets living in the wheel arches that are smacking the underneath of the car with dirty great hammers everytime we go over a dip in the road ) and if we go down a pothole it feels like the shocks gonna come through the bonnet
I fitted countless coilovers and to me it seems as though the front shocks have gone even though they are brand new. The rears are fine but the fronts feel as though they done about 200k miles Anyone else had a dodgy set of these? I'll be speaking to them about it on monday and see what they say.

p.s The spring pre-load is set correctly
Watch out OZ here I come !!
Quigonjay

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] BC Coilovers

Post by Quigonjay »

have you had them back off since fitting to see what they feel like when you press on them/pull them out?
Bry

Post by Bry »

Quigonjay wrote:have you had them back off since fitting to see what they feel like when you press on them/pull them out?

not yet, coming off later today, will check then
Watch out OZ here I come !!
gooseman949

Post by gooseman949 »

I have recently had a set of bc coilovers fitted and when i went for a test drive i noticed a twanging noise coming from the front when turning. the guy who fitted them assured me that it was just the springs bedding in however 3 weeks down the line its still making that noise, surely thats not normal is it 8-[

Return to “Modifications”