ProThane Suspension Bush Kits

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Grendel

ProThane Suspension Bush Kits

Post by Grendel »

Ok where can I get the ProThane Suspension Bush Kits from for my MK1b that isn’t TwosRus since have had nothing but bad service and problems from them in the past. Especially with there overpriced rubbish drop links that don’t last more than year.
MartG

Re: ProThane Suspension Bush Kits

Post by MartG »

Superflex ones are available direct from the manufacturer - www.superflex.co.uk - they are also available from Camskill
IanClements

Post by IanClements »

Whic twosrus do you mean? England or states?

If England then you could go direct from the states.
Grendel

Post by Grendel »

I mean UK.
I was told twosrus USA wont sell to UK and they put you back to twosrus UK.
IanClements

Post by IanClements »

They must have changed, I bought mine direct but it was a few years ago now.

Would recommend Superflex tbh, the prothane bushes a rock hard and don't last as long.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Superflex you can only buy through Fensport for the mk1

and the Prothane kit you cant buy from TwosRus in the US as Sbits/TwosRus UK have a agreement they will be the uk sole provider of the Prothane kits.

So not only do you have to put up with the Frankly Bloody Terrible Sbits/TwosRus UK service. They then carry out an almost 100% markup over the US price even with shipping import and customs its still a ripoff. =;
MartG

Post by MartG »

Tiny wrote:Superflex you can only buy through Fensport for the mk1

Errr - no they're not - as mentioned in my post above they are available direct from Superflex http://www.superflex.co.uk/results.php? ... &Search=Go
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Errr...Yes they are!

If you want a Superflex kit for the Mk1 you have to go through Fensport!

I went direct to Superflex when I organised the Superflex group buy for the mk1 club and Superflex said for the Mk1 Fensport are the only supplier for the UK.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

I got my prothane set for a rev1 mk2 through Rogue.... Tried them?

R.
MartG

Post by MartG »

Tiny wrote:Errr...Yes they are!

If you want a Superflex kit for the Mk1 you have to go through Fensport!

I went direct to Superflex when I organised the Superflex group buy for the mk1 club and Superflex said for the Mk1 Fensport are the only supplier for the UK.

Well they are now advertising them as being available direct ( see the current issue of MR2 Only as well as the link above )
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Last set of bushes I got from Fensprout (front tie-rod) and were labeled as 'Powerflex' (I think) with a Kangaroo on the pack. Not sure if they've changed their supplier, but the damn things didn't come with a stainless tube to go round the rod so I had to use the battered old ones. :evil:

I think I'll be going straight to Superflex if I need any more. Looks like you just missed out on the change over Ben. #-o
System-G

Post by System-G »

HighwayStar wrote:I got my prothane set for a rev1 mk2 through Rogue.... Tried them?

R.

I have prothane on my track car. +/- 2500 track miles in and they're fine :thumleft:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
alfiembra

Post by alfiembra »

I got a prothane kit for mine direct from prothane in the US through ebay, was a few years back now so haven't checked if they still do them that way. Got the whole lot for about $40 IIRC shipping was about the same but was half the price from sourcing them in the UK.

Had mine in for probably 3 years now not done a lot of miles in that time , guessing at less than 10k, but can't say that they feel too hard or crashy. I've got standard springs and dampers though (new KYB's fitted at the same time) so maybe that's the difference.

Alan
Jim-SR

Post by Jim-SR »

Grendel wrote:I mean UK.
I was told twosrus USA wont sell to UK and they put you back to twosrus UK.

contact David Hawkins at Twos'r'us USA and tell him that you refuse to buy from the UK vendor then as youve had bad service, and that you want to buy from him. im sure he will sell to you, hes a top bloke and the service is excellent. on more than one occasion myself and others have purchased something from him and it has been here faster than if it had been ordered from a UK company!! you genuinely cannot beat the service.

alternatively i know a place in Holland that sells them http://www.infinityperformance.nl/shop/ ... cat_id=124

the website isnt particularly comprehensive, but ive ordered from them in the past and speak to one of the guys from time to time and they are entirely reliable, and if theyve got something in stock its usually with you very promptly.
System-G

Post by System-G »

I bought my prothane kit direct from SBITS.

Excellent service and Peter provided laods of hints & tips for rreplacing mine. Peter supplies TwosRus UK and I also had problems ordering from the site - hence going direct to SBITS.

Reminds me, Peter still hasn't billed me for some rear ARB bushes. Really need to call him about that...!
widster

Post by widster »

I've always had good service from Peter at sbits. Very helpful bloke. He provided and fitted the prothane bushes to my car, together with a koni sports suspension kit, a few years ago and the bushes have been fine.
System-G

Post by System-G »

Have a word with your local supplier. You'll need the full AW11 kit which excludes the bushes for the rear ARB (anti roll bar or "sway bar" I think you merkins call it...). Then you'll need the rear ARB bushes dependant on the age of the car - early cars (85-87) had a smaller diameter ARB on the rear than the later cars (87-89).
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

D.Insax wrote:All right guys i guess the time has come for yall to help me out

By that i mean i have no clue what kits i need to replace every suspension bushing available with prothane parts. I know they carry some kits for us, but its hard for me to tell what other ones i need. totally in the dark...

Talk to David at www.twosrus.com he holds it all in stock and is based in the US. :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”