Andy-Runner's Rev 3 track car ............ finally some photo's (after 3 years!)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Andy-Runner

Andy-Runner's Rev 3 track car ............ finally some photo's (after 3 years!)

Post by Andy-Runner »

Hi all,

After being on here for around 3+ years i thought it only fair that i put up some pics of my track car (mainly for the old boys of imoc.....Harry that means you too mate:wink:) . Recently returned from a bare shell re-spray (it used to be a red/pink colour :oops: ) and new engine rebuild.

My objectives for the car were a track only vehicle that looked classic but still a bit different from the normal track hacks! Emphasis is on handling rather than silly power figures... parts used are functional rather than talking points!

I'm not going to whitter on about what parts are on it, enough to say the projects cost me blood, sweat, tears (lots :oops: :-$ ) and well over £20k.. altogether i'm very please with the results, and so far the car has proved very formidable on all the tracks i've driven on.

FYI the white TE37's are for the road and the Kawasaki green SSR's are for the track!

Just a quick thanks to some people who have helped me/provided inspiration along the way and who i now consider good friends....

Paul Greenhalgh - for everything!
Paul Westwell - for taking all my money and being so nice about it!
Gary - for the paint!
Chris - for colour advice!
Harry - for being Harry!
Jon - nutter
Simon - track GOD / lunatic
Rich Rodgers
Chris
Rash
Andy Liversage
Daniel Cameron
Bob H
Nathan
Tom
Mr Mortell (!)
Jay
Ayrton
Larry
Pilot pete
BLZ
Steve
Rich

Hopefully looking forward to the IMOC track day

As always best regards to all.....

Andy 8)
Rev5GT

Re: Andy-Runner's Rev 3 track car ............ finally some photo's (after 3 years!)

Post by Rev5GT »

Good to finally see it all finished.... Love the car/wheel colour combo..

All the best :thumleft:

Rash
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Re: Andy-Runner's Rev 3 track car ............ finally some photo's (after 3 years!)

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

Nice looking car!

How much Bhp is that pumping out after over 20K spent on it?? :-k
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

thats a huge rear spoiler :shock:
1993 GT TURBO
Andy-Runner

Post by Andy-Runner »

marc GT Turbo wrote:thats a huge rear spoiler :shock:

Why thank you............... :oops: :wink:

Regarding power, not a clue! Quite happy with how the car performs, figure chasing doesn't appeal to me tbh

I'm quite happy that very few things can keep up when i'm on track (that must be the car - it certainly isn't my driving!) :wink:
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

Does the wing make a difference do you think?

Where did you get it from?
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
Andy-Runner

Post by Andy-Runner »

Yes i can honestly say the wing does make a big difference, on track (100 mph+). I doubt it does anything other than look daft on the road though :wink:

I imported it from Japan btw
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

lovin the look youv'e gone for mate.

both sets of wheels are... =P~ =P~ =P~

:thumleft:
Stu.

Post by Stu. »

looks good 8) ,whats the balance of driving you do in it ,is it you day to day car as well?
craig

Post by craig »

Nice MR2, green SSR's look awesome! 8)
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

are they the wheels you got from me andy?
thought you had sold those :-k
any idea what the car weighs?
liking the look you have gone for, function over form :thumleft:
Andy-Runner

Post by Andy-Runner »

Thanks for the kind comments! I thought the wheels would get a slating ....... :wink:

To answer some of the questions...

The car is for track only - its just about bearable to drive to a trackday and back (however with nearly 4 degrees of camber on the rears the car doesn't handle too well on normal roads - and tires don't last very long!)

It weights just a fraction over 1000kg - the whole idea of the project was to keep weight to a minimum and rebuild the car from the ground up.

Well spotted too Jay, yes they are indeed the SSRs i got off you. The offsets were that good i sold a set of TE37's and kept yours instead! :thumleft: (hope everythings ok pal!)

Andy
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Hey Andy - are you at Mallory Park this weekend? If so, I'll see you there. :thumleft:
Andy-Runner

Post by Andy-Runner »

Yeah i'm there with a few mates.

I'll keep a look out for you mate (1st time at Mallory btw!)

8)
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

I'm not driving myself, sadly, but will be supporting a customer in a hire car.

Interested to see how well a turbo goes around. Not that anyone will be timing, but a Championship mk2 typically laps in around 55 seconds.
Andy-Runner

Post by Andy-Runner »

:thumleft: 8)
larry93

Post by larry93 »

looking really good ill bet your going to enjoy playing in it well done budi
Harry

Post by Harry »

Hello Andy, :clap:
Absolutely stunning mate - love it! Credit to you. No half measures. Proper job. Quality. Really great to see that MR 2 flare and passion. (Track). I want it! :mrgreen:

Enjoy speak soon - take care - regards to all,
Harry

edit: In board track videos? :twisted:

Return to “Member Profiles”