White mk1, Norfolk, £800

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

kaiowas

White mk1, Norfolk, £800

Post by kaiowas »

As I've just aquired a Supercharger, my lovely Sakura is up for sale.

She is a C reg late mk1a 'crossover' in white. There are just over 105,000 miles on the clock.

Extras include: Eurosport front and rear valance, stainless exhaust, air filter and 'JIMI' bracket.

Good bits: Mechanically very sound.
No 5th gear pop out. It 'nods' a bit in 5th, but it always has and this hasn't got worse in my 4 years of ownership!
MOT til April 2010, Tax til October 2009
Standard, tidy interior.

Bad bits: Although the shell is solid, there is rust:

This is on the roof above the windscreen:

This is the front driver's side arch. It's still a solid arch but obviously the rust looks tatty:

This is the rear passenger side arch, with two issues. One was where it was reversed into an electric box on the side of the house, and replaired quickly. One is where I had an alternator in the boot, and I rather enthusiastically went round a roundabout. The alternator flew into the side of the boot and has dented the shell, cracked the paint and now rust is coming through.

The sills and parts of the rear arches that needed it were replaced two years ago, so those bits are also nice and solid.

The valances are quite badly fitting, and the front is stone chipped, so if you want a pretty looking car, it needs to be resprayed and refitted, or replaced.

I've had bags of fun in this car and mechanically it has never missed a beat, starts every morning even in freezing temperatures, and has been used daily for the past 4 years (hence the mileage!!).

Basically, it's a solid car which runs very well, just looks a bit tatty. ideal for a bit of TLC, or keep it as is and use it for a track toy.

Car is located near Snetterton circuit, Norfolk.

£800.
vix

Re: White mk1, Norfolk, £800

Post by vix »

Open to sensible offers now as I want my T Bar on the road by the Summer!!!
vix

Post by vix »

I took my car off sale for a bit as I couldn't bear to part with her - however the time has now come and I need the drive space.

MOT til April (passed 1st time this year!) and 6 months tax.

New drivers front wing so those rust issues have gone.

Sensible offers please.
mk1bexwa

Post by mk1bexwa »

Hi,

Anychance that you still have the car? If so how much were you looking for to sell?

Kind Regards,
Beckie
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

After no interest on here for ages it sold within a few days on Autotrader a while ago.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”