Just bought a rev3 tubby

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

scotty1982

Just bought a rev3 tubby

Post by scotty1982 »

Hi all i thought i wold put up a post to show you all my car and to get some advice and questions answered.

Ok so i just bought a 1994L rev 3 tubby in white. Ill be picking the car up in the week and cant wait but it going to be a long drive (about 450mile round trip) I got the car for a really good price, well at least i think so. Ill find out if it is as good as i thought when i pick it up!

From what i know the car has got ...
18" oz wheels
Apexi SAFC II
dump valve
turbo timer
stainless exhaust (dont know what make yet)
Recaro seats in blue and white leather including door cards and cubby boxes
It looks like it has been lowered

It has had a replacement turbo and clutch in 2002 and i dont really know much more then that, ill get some pics up when i pick her up.

Im getting an Apexi avcr for the car, what i would like to know is can the original rev3 intercooler handle 1.1bar boost if not are the XS power intercoolers any good or just cheap ebay tat?

If the car hasnt allready got one ill get a decat pipe, anyone know of any decent quality decats for a good price? Also was thinking a stainless manifold, will i see any bennafits from fitting one (BHP or turbo responce?) Again any decent quality ones for a decent price?

I also want to fit a boost gauge and oil temp gauge so will need to get a gauge pod and am i right in thinking ill also need a sandwich plate for the oil temp? Again, decent quality and price?

Off hand apart from decent plugs is there anything else ill need for 1.1bar and is that the max you can go on standard internals,injectors and turbo? What will the standard clutch handle? I think after doing the above the rest of what ill be doing is jus tidying the car up.

Thanks in advance
raptor95GTS

Re: Just bought a rev3 tubby

Post by raptor95GTS »

welcome to the club. So many questions to answer straight off but you'll find most if not all the answers by spending time searching through the site. They've all been covered before so plenty of threads to read, searching also throws up some other interesting stuff too. Get some pics up of the car when you have it :thumleft:

couple of points though -
unless you do track days the std intercooler will be fine.
the main forums, mk2 / mechanical / modification are where most people browse and post so going through those posts will yield plenty of info
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

Thanks for that, it is good to know. I know im being a little lazy! I just thought as i had so many questions it might be easyer just to put them all together and let people come to me if you like, lazy SOB! :wink:
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

welcome to imoc :thumleft:
1993 GT TURBO
craig

Post by craig »

marc GT Turbo wrote:welcome to imoc :thumleft:

^^ What that man said 8)

Enjoy the site :thumleft:

Running 1.1 bar, I'd uprate the intercooler and have an aftermarket SPAL fan and shroud.

Go for a gtschris berk downpipe :thumleft:
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

RedMR² wrote:
marc GT Turbo wrote:welcome to imoc :thumleft:

^^ What that man said 8)

Enjoy the site :thumleft:

Running 1.1 bar, I'd uprate the intercooler and have an aftermarket SPAL fan and shroud.

Go for a gtschris berk downpipe :thumleft:

Another question for your reply like me first thread, are the xs power intercoolers and good then as i have noticed quite a lot of people have them.

And where would i get an SPAL fan & shroud from? Is this for the intercooler or rad? Sorry to sound dumb!
scott64

Post by scott64 »

welcome to the club...where are the pic of your motor mate :D
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

scott64 wrote:welcome to the club...where are the pic of your motor mate :D

Not got it yet. picking up saturday! i got a pic of my OLD UK T-BAR. FAST CAR featured. Wonder if anyone on here owns it now?

Image[/img]
Last edited by scotty1982 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

Fixed it!
jill00babe

Post by jill00babe »

hi :D welcome from me too xx
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

RIGHT!

So picked my car up yesterday and had a long drive home which was very nice indeed. The car drove perfectly with the temp sitting just under half way and never rising past that even whilst sitting in traffic on the M25.

There are a few things that need sorting out but i was aware of them when i bought it and as i got it for a fantastic £1,471.00 i cant complain!

There is a knocking coming from the front left when you go over bumps so that is no.1 on the list. There is also a juddering under braking which could be warped discs OR could be connected to the knocking. To my delight the ODO is still reading in kph and is showing 116,000 so is roughly 75,000 miles! FANTASTIC! Someone has put a mph plate over the speedo but no converter so the speedo only goes upto 115mph. So another job is to fit proper 180mph clocks a converter so it all reads and counts on the ODO in miles and convert the ODO into miles so it reads miles on miles and not miles on km.

The wheels are lovely but need a referb. they are 18" OZ wheels which are staggered fitment with 225's on the front and 255's on the rear. They have a polished lip which i want to keep but i want to get the spokes done in white which i think will look fantastic.

HERE IT IS

Image[/img]

Return to “Member Profiles”