[Mk2] [Turbo] oil leaking from oil temp/pressure sandwich plate???

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

djpkins

[Mk2] [Turbo] oil leaking from oil temp/pressure sandwich plate???

Post by djpkins »

rev 2...only started happening scince I fitted my sandwich plate , does anyone else have or had this prob? it's gotta be from that area and it really smokes when it drips on the exhaust/cat...Luke at Pacificworks pointed out that I had a leak around there but I can't pinpoint exactly where it is...surely it can't be the sandwich plate expanding...gonna have it off for a closer inspection tmrw but appreciate any comments...
raptor95GTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] oil leaking from oil temp/pressure sandwich plate???

Post by raptor95GTS »

i think this is a common problem with the sandwich plates, some folks I believe solved this using some pipe thread tape to take up the clearance :-k
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Its normally the rubber seal (o-ring) that leaks on these, especially the cheaper ones. I ran a GReddy one for 6 years or so and never dropped a drip... or is that dripped a drop :-k

You could try changing the o-ring for a new one see if that helps.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

cheers guys...wish I had bought the greddy one off here a while ago now...lol...
nailmonkey

Post by nailmonkey »

Hi,

I had a greddy one and that leaked a bit as well. More hassle but the best way to do it has to be tapping the sump for the oil temp and taking the pressure from the stock location.

Nik
Tiny turbo + standard exhaust + aircon = 346bhp/300ft/lbs @ the hubs!
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

yep...that was suggested to me ^^^ although I think Luke said to tap the sump for pressure and get a different type of "T" adapter which will allow me to use the temp sensor in another location...has to be the way forward, I'm not really into polishing my engine bay but at the mo it looks and smells like an old $hitter when I stop at lights etc...lol...

Return to “Modifications”