Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

michael

Re: buyer beware?

Post by michael »

Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Tommo-GTS

Post by Tommo-GTS »

I dont know b4rk3r - however, benefit of doubt here surely (he would nt knowingly sell a clocked car - if so why would he use his real username).

I reckon hes innocently purchased that with those miles. Too easily done IMO, just goes to show - there must be loads of clocked cars out there...
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Tommo-GTS wrote:I dont know b4rk3r - however, benefit of doubt here surely (he would nt knowingly sell a clocked car - if so why would he use his real username).

I reckon hes innocently purchased that with those miles. Too easily done IMO, just goes to show - there must be loads of clocked cars out there...

probably so :thumleft: I didnt even know the guy was on this forum, but from the overclockers topic there is/was definatly something wrong with the car for the seller to possibly investigate or buyer to know about :-k
Tommo-GTS

Post by Tommo-GTS »

Not being funny, I sold my two with 200,000 kms on the dial (the speedo hadnt been converted) but advertised it in miles. I spent so much time explaining this to people it was a major PITA. After looking into the detail -my guess is that he thinks the speedo is in kms. Thats only a guess BTW, as I say I dont know him... nor am I speaking for him... its easily/innocently done :-k
Tommo-GTS

Post by Tommo-GTS »

Tommo-GTS wrote:Not being funny, I sold my two with 200,000 kms on the dial (the speedo hadnt been converted) but advertised it in miles. I spent so much time explaining this to people it was a major PITA. After looking into the detail -my guess is that he thinks the speedo is in kms. Thats only a guess BTW, as I say I dont know him... nor am I speaking for him... its easily/innocently done :-k

Also - I thought the idea of clocking a car, was - take a newish high mileage car, and take off 50-100k off the clock as the price difference between them is a lot. Taking 20k off the clock of an old mr2 isnt going to make a lot of difference to the price... pennies
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

I'm watching this thread with interest. I bought the car from Mike and sold it to Adam. I drove the car around for a bit in the meantime, but aside from removing the stereo I didn't change a thing on it.

Adam had seen Mike's advert before he bought the car from me, so he knew everything I did about it. I'm sure there'll be an innocent explanation.

:-k
b4rk3r

Post by b4rk3r »

jesus christ what the hell happened here.

My Dad put the car for sale on pistonheads for me when i was away and he thought the mileage was in kms same as my old rev2. Oh and I actually thought it was a 95 tbh.

:thumleft:
b4rk3r

Post by b4rk3r »

Now everyone thinks i'm selling a dodgy car ](*,)
Well the car has had a service recently at rogue. The biggest of the dings sorted and it's had a new lambda and water temp sensor so it is running very smooth. It's due to be mopped any time soon so the surface marks and swirls will be gone too before sold.

Does anyone know who mrsix is on OCUK? He seems to think he knows me and reckons i've wrote off two mr2s in the past :-s

Sorry LordMike for using your pictures i will take some of my own when the weather clears up if that's ok?

As i'm sure Patrick will confirm it does have a folder full of receipts as well.

Can anyone else get onto the OCUK page?
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Alright Barker....good holiday ? Lol cant believe someone had beef with you using someones photos of......YOUR car !!! Anything for a fight hey....hope the sale goes well mate.

Mike
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss

Return to “MR2s for Sale”