[Mk2] [NA] 95 rev UK NA warning lights

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cam

[Mk2] [NA] 95 rev UK NA warning lights

Post by cam »

For the past couple of months my warning lights have been flickering on and off, but now they are on all the time.
The car is running great, the lights that are on are oil and brake fluid levels, engine fan and battery all of which are OK.
Anyone point me in the right direction before I start poking around?

Cheers
Cam :lol:
Ruralhero

Re: [Mk2] [NA] 95 rev UK NA warning lights

Post by Ruralhero »

Hi Cam,

I've started having the same problem this morning and was hoping someone here could help too! Started flickering to start with, then by the time I got to work the battery, engine fan, brake fluid and oil level lights were all on permanently, going off just before the car came to a stop.

Again, as with yours the car appeared to drive fine, no loss of power, however the radio did cut out and the battery gauge first appeared a little low, but then went up to max! :shock:

Now I'm hoping that it wasn't in fact at 18 volts as the gauge suggested, so part of me is thinking it might be an earthing problem, but then the radio cutting out suggests the alternator, although it wasnt accompanied by a loss in engine power as I'd expect.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this as well, I'll try putting a multimeter accross the battery when I've got a minute. I'm not sure that it's a good idea to be driving it or not, to be honest probably not but I need to get home! :S

Help anyone? :)
Peter C

Post by Peter C »

cam

Post by cam »

Thanks for the post but it is a different problem, I have done about 500 miles since the 1st post and the lights are still on but levels and battery are fine, the car would be dead now if the indications were true.

Disconnected the battery today in the hope of a reset but it didn't happen.

Cam ](*,)

Return to “Electrical”