Is this the only spoiler of its kind in the country?? (LOTS of pics!!)

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

darrenmr2

Is this the only spoiler of its kind in the country?? (LOTS of pics!!)

Post by darrenmr2 »

Hey guys, recently bought the spoiler that i have on my turbo and fitted it the other day...loved it as it looks almost stock, but is more aggressive looking :twisted:

The guy i bought it off 'believes' it is the only type in the country, something a bit special! Can anyone identify it for me?? By the way, if its not the only type in the country im not fussed, and the bloke i bought it off is a top man, am very happy with it either way! :D

I had it done gloss black as im going to get a few carbon bits on it and maybe a couple other gloss black bits...

Anways what do you think?? Mine is the goodwood green turbo, the black car is my mate will's (hi will :D ) and the silver car is actually my old n/a! (Ahhh i do miss it!)

Razor04

Re: Is this the only spoiler of its kind in the country?? (LOTS of pics!!)

Post by Razor04 »

I had my eye on that spoiler someone bought it though, must of been you :thumleft: it came off the pheonix power hks drag car.

you can source these here in the uk, envy performance have them on their website bit OTT pricey though. Their made by bomex

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cf ... ct_ID=2032
craig

Post by craig »

Yup, Bomex. Nice spoiler. How the rev 3 stock one should have been :thumleft:
darrenmr2

Post by darrenmr2 »

Cheers for the quick replys guys! :D And yeah it was me that bought it from steve off the PP drag car :thumleft:

I didnt realise the skirts i had are Bomex as well (or so ive been told!) How cools that, bought an aftermarket spoiler without knowing the make, and it turns out to be the same as the sideskirts! Mint! 8)
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

Nice hope you got it for a good price. Cant see how they can justify £355 quid :shock: prob sting for delivery as well :roll:
darrenmr2

Post by darrenmr2 »

I know thats what i was thinking, prob £400 inc P&P! :-s Yeah i got a price i was happy with, ive had it sprayed n repaired though (was a couple of hairline cracks in it) Cant believe how light it is as well!

Are there many in the country/many IMOC'ers with them then??
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

i've only ever seen the one car with one of those spoilers and that's the PP HKS car your spoiler came off, i used to see it alot up at 3S / toyotaGT
i was so tempted to have it but i couldnt justify buyin & resprayin costs at the time, i like it cos its subtle, a rev3 spoiler on steroids :twisted: :lol:

at 400 notes i doubt you'll see another :thumleft:
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

looks great :thumleft:
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

Yup mine is the black car and it was a good drive out. Pity Darrens camera skills where no better but i dont think he wanted my car to show his up :lol: :oldtongue:

Pictures dont do any of the 3 cars justice though :thumleft:
**poppy**

Post by **poppy** »

BiGWiLlYsTyLe wrote:Yup mine is the black car and it was a good drive out. Pity Darrens camera skills where no better but i dont think he wanted my car to show his up :lol: :oldtongue:

Pictures dont do any of the 3 cars justice though :thumleft:

No they dont but the second location made for some great pics!
darrenmr2

Post by darrenmr2 »

Thanks for the replies guys....**poppy** is now the owner of my silver n/a and a new IMOC member also :thumleft:

Glad to know the spoiler is a bit special, i'll have to look after it now...lol (he says, as he's already waxed it 4 times and its only been on the car since friday!) :wink:

Exhaust change will be next so my very quiet full stainless (with PERFECT flexi!) will be up for sale soon! (Its a Fujitsubo...or something like that...its has a jasma plate on it and Ti on the tail pipe lol!)

Cheers, Darren
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

very nice spoiler,but it is obvious that pp just modded a stock rev 3 then remoulded. It would be quite easy to achieve the same spoiler if you are good with grp and filler :thumleft: .
darrenmr2

Post by darrenmr2 »

Any other thoughts/comments guys?? What do you think of my car? Also, if someone (who knows what they are doing lol!) wants to mould and make these from my spoiler id be only to happy to help! :thumleft:
Spend, spend, spend...you got '2' love it though!
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

90% sure they were being sold on ebay a while ago advertised as a Border spolier. Nearly went for one but they didn't have any photo's off it on a car. Hopefully yours is original though.

Marc
Everyone looks at me when I drive down the road now....... wish I could read minds.
darrenmr2

Post by darrenmr2 »

I would say coming off the PP drag car it would be more original than an ebay item? :-k Hopefully anyway...lol

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”