Crysis on MacBook Pro

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Azz

Crysis on MacBook Pro

Post by Azz »

Well as my other post was locked, here is my evidence of it being able to run Crysis (Finally)

This is running at 2x AA, 1600x1200 with everything set to high.

Its filmed on my mobile so sorry for the Utter-5hite quality. I would guess (unless somone can tell me how to do it) that it was running about 45/50FPS and any jumpiness is the phone and not the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxXdwpWHV68
H3RB

Re: Crysis on MacBook Pro

Post by H3RB »

fair enough it runs, it runs on my pc on high, but its when theres stuff going on there will be a drop in frame rate and slow down will occur
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

you are standing still with no enemies on screen. WOW good job :roll:

let use see a firefight and you moving

You've proven nothing ](*,)
Azz

Post by Azz »

It runs the same with people on screen with or without a firefight, I will get another vid sorted today but I am fairly busy, so it will be late on.

I will find away of getting my phone pointing the screen and I will play it properly. But you will have to forgive me for the resolution of the K800i ](*,)

:roll:
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Azz wrote:It runs the same with people on screen with or without a firefight, I will get another vid sorted today but I am fairly busy, so it will be late on.

I will find away of getting my phone pointing the screen and I will play it properly. But you will have to forgive me for the resolution of the K800i ](*,)

It really won't run smoothly it at 1600x1200 all on high an aa at 2x with that graphics card.

I'm looking forward to seeing a vid and if you could start it in the options screen showing us all your setting and then from there through the loading screen it'd be nice. Don't worry about the length :D
Azz

Post by Azz »

One thing with the loading screen, it takes mine 4,592,922 times longer to load than the other "Crysis on Macbook Pro" vid on YouTube???

Should also have picked up the metronome from my bro's this Friday so you can see where the video jumps opposed to the laptop!

Ill sort the vid out after,
crostheman

Post by crostheman »

Well if this http://www.onlive.com/ happens it wont matter anymore! just as long you got a decent broadband connection.

Simon
Azz

Post by Azz »

It will happen, I'm going to see a customer tomorrow to talk about cloud computing, exactly the same thing but your whole office is hosted.

Just been getting ready so havent put my video up yet, well I havent done the video yet! :mrgreen:
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

You need to get something like fraps to monitor the fps. I cant even get 45-50 fps and my computer isnt exactly rubbish. Its well known crysis is very poorly written, it hates dual GPU's aswell.
Last edited by un1eash on Tue May 26, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Azz wrote:It will happen, I'm going to see a customer tomorrow to talk about cloud computing, exactly the same thing but your whole office is hosted.

Just been getting ready so havent put my video up yet, well I havent done the video yet! :mrgreen:

hasnt that been around for years?

something similiar anyway. i was once in a place where alls you had was a monitor, keyboard and mouse on each desk.

all the software was run off some big computer in the building.
Rev 3 GTS
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

un1eash wrote:You need to get something like fraps to monitor the fps. I cant even get 45-50 fps and my computer isnt exactly rubbish. Its well known crysis is very poorly written, it hates dual GPU's aswell.

Fraps is just an ingame recording software, you can use Xfire to do it as well, but neither are relevant to FPS other than lowering it due to the recording.

You can get the game to display the current FPS via a consol comand. No idea what it is for Cryis but goole around and you should find it;

It'll be something like - rendererdraw.FPS1

Edit: It's r_DisplayInfo = 1

Close. Ish.
Azz

Post by Azz »

SamUK wrote:hasnt that been around for years?

something similiar anyway. i was once in a place where alls you had was a monitor, keyboard and mouse on each desk.

all the software was run off some big computer in the building.

Your thinking of Thin Clients mate, your desktop is hosted but it will be on a server in the building somewhere, normally called a Citrix or Terminal Server.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Where's this video?
Azz

Post by Azz »

Please don't start today...

Been with customers...
Tuesday = London
Wednesday = Kent
Today = Wellington Garden and some Really posh school (Cant remember where but its just south of birmingham) then up to Haslsingdon to pick up a HP DL380 server that felt twice as heavy as it should.

Only been in the house for an hour at best and I'm Fked.

PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK!!! :mrgreen:
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Return to “Games Consoles”