[Mk2] [Generic] Recently bought a XS Power exhaust but....

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BiGWiLlYsTyLe

[Mk2] [Generic] Recently bought a XS Power exhaust but....

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

It seems to be bent,I bought it off Dale_V and i have seen pictures of it on his car and it looks fine.I did notice it seemed bent when it wasnt on the car as it didnt level right on the floor.

I was wondering if it can be bent back or will it have to be cut and welded again??

I know it could be heated but i dont know if it will warp the metal and leave it tarnished.

Any ideas welcome :thumleft:

Will
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Recently bought a XS Power exhaust but....

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

Lol well after 71 views and no replies or ideas it was sorted yesterday.....Obviously people dont have my kind of troubles :roll:

:thumleft:
thebody

Post by thebody »

Thats because its a cheap exhaust and all off them look bent and the tailpipes dont sit at the same height
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

thebody wrote:Thats because its a cheap exhaust and all off them look bent and the tailpipes dont sit at the same height

They're not that cheap to be fair and now its been sorted with not much work being needed [-(
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Its a fair comment though. Maybe not "cheap" as far as price goes, but when do you hear of a bent Blitz/Apexi/Garage SPL etc. :-k

The XS Power brand itself carried an eliment of risk when buying new or used. I'm not biased against them as I've used their I/C before and it was good, but sure had its fair share of problems. Same with the manifolds and downpipes.

Glad you got it sorted though. :thumleft:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

cantfindausername wrote:Its a fair comment though. Maybe not "cheap" as far as price goes, but when do you hear of a bent Blitz/Apexi/Garage SPL etc. :-k

The XS Power brand itself carried an eliment of risk when buying new or used. I'm not biased against them as I've used their I/C before and it was good, but sure had its fair share of problems. Same with the manifolds and downpipes.

Glad you got it sorted though. :thumleft:

Well its sort of sorted,it still looks a bit wonky from some angles but im a bit anal about things like that.Most people wouldnt notice im sure :-k
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

I know what you mean. Uneven exhaust tips are something I wouldn't stand for either.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Mine sits fine, Its the JPerformance version

Return to “Modifications”