rev2/rev3 na whats the difference?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

anthonyg

rev2/rev3 na whats the difference?

Post by anthonyg »

can someone please tell me the differences between rev2 and rev 3 n/a's?
ami right in thinking that rev 2's are 158bhp and rev 3's are 173bhp in standard form?
what actually gives this difference in power?
fearless

Re: rev2/rev3 na whats the difference?

Post by fearless »

yep your right inlet manifold is different for a start obvious straight away when looking at both, thay also have different down pipes and manifolds i think and also air filter system is different im sure someone will give better explanation :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
mk2too

Post by mk2too »

interesting information, been wondering the differences between the two models power increase wise, are the manifolds/ downpipes bolt on, i assume they are?

Obviously the fuel system is probably altered but im sure bolting the later spec manifolds on would slightly increase the power?
steve b

Post by steve b »

Differences are through out the engine I believe, head, cams, CR etc Its a much more eager reving engine at the top of the range. Got a TechTom ECU on my rev3 n/a and it flies round to 8100rpm happily :D
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”