[Mk2] [Turbo] Im ripping with my mr2 speedo please can someone help grrrrr

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

NORRISMR2

[Mk2] [Turbo] Im ripping with my mr2 speedo please can someone help grrrrr

Post by NORRISMR2 »

Hi all could someone help me with my REV 3 electronic speedo... as im at my wits end wit this car...

My car speedo was working then started jumping about when I accelerated hard... now the speedo doesnt work and after playing about with the clocks it now sits at 60mph when the power is switched on it jumps to 60 from 0

ive done the following so far wit speedo....

1.) I checked gearbox end and replaced the the gearbox drive and joined new speed sender to existing loom using one from a gt4 st205

2.) I have tried replacing clocks

3.) tried a different kph to mph converter

any ideas....
platmatt8

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Im ripping with my mr2 speedo please can someone help grrrrr

Post by platmatt8 »

Have you got anything like a blitz power id connected, or has been previously connected?
NORRISMR2

Post by NORRISMR2 »

There aint one connected at min not sure about before as previous owner could have connected one and disconnected??
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

Have you got a Kilometer to Miles converter fitted? If so disconnect that for starters. If no joy then it sounds like a wiring problem in the engine bay to me. When you accelarate, the engine moves which subsequently moves the engine wiring loom. A break in the loom that connects then reconnects, causing resistance which could produce your symptoms.

Try temporarily running your own wires joining the speedo sensor to the dash clocks, bypassing the existing loom. This will at least tell you that you're looking in the right area. Just buy a reel of wire and trail it over the roof, joining the two together. I believe there is three wires from memory.

Hope this helps mate.

Return to “Electrical”