M3

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Tasty

M3

Post by Tasty »

I was on the A13 towards Canvy in a line of trafic.Out of nowhere comes this BM,roaring up to my bumper,must have come down the slip from Stanford, because there wasn`t anyone behind for as far as I could see. Anyway it had an M3 number plate that also read `I am the man,how dare you hold me up`. Well he sat on my ar$e then dropped back a bit then charged back again,you all know the type. I ended up actually praying out aloud, please trafic pull over pleasssse. As if by magic, one by one, the cars in front got into the nearside lane. Here was his big chance, sh-thead and his powerful,expensive, new supercar was going to show this 16year old car with a spoiler and big exhaust just what a super car is all about. Well once the trafic had moved over I purposely eased down, he was nearly in the boot by now, I put it in third and slowly started to accelerate, by this time he must have been ready to burst, time to go , I floored the loud pedal and totally blew him away. Hang on I thought, he might have been wrong geared,I`ll give him another go. I slowed right down,and up the dick came for another helping. This time I gave a few revs so to be sure he knew I was going, well this time I dropped him so easy he pulled into the nearside lane flashing a sign `I wasn`t trying to race na na `. Methinks he wont try pushing little old MR2`s out of the way in such a hurry in the future. I wonder did he tell all his mates up the pub about his run in with a little Jap car? I doubt it . \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
513BHP at the hubs
michael

Re: M3

Post by michael »

Coming to a "diesel on road" thread soon...
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

haha nice one. With that power its not even worth wasting your petrol on an overpriced pimped up family car. I do strangely quite like the csl though :?
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

michael wrote:Coming to a "diesel on road" thread soon...

:lol:

my "diesel" thread has morphed into a chassis tuning thread now. With the roads the way they are the moment, I daren't use WOT even in a straight line!

haha nice one. With that power its not even worth wasting your petrol on an overpriced pimped up family car. I do strangely quite like the csl though

Ok, MR2 tinted glasses off: M3s (all shapes) are superior cars to mk2 MR2s. It's a shame that E36s are now chavvy and E46s have a bit of a bell-end image, but these are serious "driver's" cars in every respect.
GeoffC320

Post by GeoffC320 »

mattcambs wrote:Ok, MR2 tinted glasses off: M3s (all shapes) are superior cars to mk2 MR2s. It's a shame that E36s are now chavvy and E46s have a bit of a bell-end image, but these are serious "driver's" cars in every respect.

Well they've got back seats. Seriously though I had a drive of my mate's E36 M3 a few years back and I thought it was to$$ to be honest. Subjectively it felt no quicker or better handling than the SLK we have now - compared to my old 300bhp Rev3 it just seemed like a pretty average family-type car at the time.

Maybe a longer drive in a better example might have impressed me more I guess. :-k
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

mattcambs wrote:
michael wrote:Coming to a "diesel on road" thread soon...

:lol:

my "diesel" thread has morphed into a chassis tuning thread now. With the roads the way they are the moment, I daren't use WOT even in a straight line!

haha nice one. With that power its not even worth wasting your petrol on an overpriced pimped up family car. I do strangely quite like the csl though

Ok, MR2 tinted glasses off: M3s (all shapes) are superior cars to mk2 MR2s. It's a shame that E36s are now chavvy and E46s have a bit of a bell-end image, but these are serious "driver's" cars in every respect.

Agreed. A good tubby may be able to beat one in a straight line, but the E46 M3 is the superior car, and rightly so, they cost alot more and are much newer!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

An E46 would wipe the floor with a standard tubby all day every day. Even an E36 Evo would.

But we can tune ours up!

I know the bit of road you mean well Tasty as I live there, I have even had a few M3's try it on.

What colour was it? There's a sick yellow one driving around that likes to give it the jonny big balls to everything. I remember moving away from him, it was quite funny.
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

No not him,this one was navy I think. Some peeps on here belong in the Herr Hitler appreciation club methinks. :clap: :clap: :clap:
513BHP at the hubs
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mattcambs wrote:

They are lovely cars. I still think an E36 M3 GT is very desirable as are the EVOs tbh.. I still have a hankering for one after adoring my old 325i.. if that was so good an M3 must be :+:

/pats wishlist.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
craig

Post by craig »

I do like the '97 era shaped M3 8)
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Tasty wrote:Some peeps on here belong in the Herr Hitler appreciation club methinks. :clap: :clap: :clap:

:roll:

Sooo much wrong with that statement!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

RedMR² wrote:I do like the '97 era shaped M3 8)

E36 M3 EVO:

E36 M3 GT (has homologated parts) :lover:

Stock E36 M3:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Trouble is, Lauren, that what you mostly see inside the E36s now has a baseball cap on top :roll:

Shame.
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

Chill out Matt we`re all in the same club!-----------Lauren can you post a pic of the back end of your beloved Beeeeemer,some of us on here only ever see them from our rear view mirror. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
513BHP at the hubs
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Tasty wrote:Chill out Matt we`re all in the same club!

So you're in my Hitler club too :wink:
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

Toooooooshaaaaaaa :evil:
513BHP at the hubs
craig

Post by craig »

Lauren wrote:
RedMR² wrote:I do like the '97 era shaped M3 8)

E36 M3 EVO:

E36 M3 GT (has homologated parts) :lover:

Stock E36 M3:

Nice 8) :thumleft:
Ben

Post by Ben »

I always prefered these

...especially the AC Schnitzer versions 8)
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

benedwards64 wrote:I always prefered these

...especially the AC Schnitzer versions 8)

Me too.

I drove a 'K plate one about 10 years ago. It had done over 100K miles and still felt as tight as a button plus it had a full stainless scorpion exhaust on it so it sounded fantastic.
bass_direct

Post by bass_direct »

a mate of mine used to own a CSL, amazing car!

Return to “Driving Experiences”