Beautiful looking 19 year old!!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HighwayStar

Beautiful looking 19 year old!!

Post by HighwayStar »

Happy birthday beautiful...
My car was born sometime in this month 19 yrs ago. Treating it to its 33rd service later in the mth and changing the rear plate back to the normal position this w/e. Opinions? A change is as good as a rest is my thinking.

R.
flackie666

Re: Beautiful looking 19 year old!!

Post by flackie666 »

keep the plate were it is its your car that makes it the car i is you cant change that lol

and happy birthday car
Not So Fast But Just As Furious =]
chron

Post by chron »

where is the plate just now?

if im honest plates should be how they left the factory but thats just my view :)
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

pics in my garage mate...

R.
Tsunami

Post by Tsunami »

Wishing your baby a happy birthday and many more of them! :thumleft:
If at first you don't succeed...
give up skydiving!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

The plate between the lights would've been nice if your bumper didn't still have the hole. :)

T
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Thx Tsunami.
I think you may be right Toni but it'd cost a fortune to fill and spray and then I can't go back whereas if I just change back to 'standard' when I get bored again I can put it back how it is now... unless I buy a spare bumper....mmm.
R.
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Put the plate back Rob. Car is still great tho.

But why highway star?
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

"Nobody gonna take my car, gonna break the speed of s-ound. Nobody gona take my girl ......" etc. etc.

Maybe it's before your time mate? Deep Purples 'Highway Star'... Check out the live version on 'Made In Japan' for the definitive performance of the greatest driving tune ever.... written on the bus to a gig and in the show that night!
Metallica, Maiden, U2. Pah! Do me a favour.

R.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

"Nobody gonna take my car, gonna break the speed of s-ound. Nobody gona take my girl ......" etc. etc.

Maybe it's before your time mate? Deep Purples 'Highway Star'... Check out the live version on 'Made In Japan' for the definitive performance of the greatest driving tune ever.... written on the bus to a gig and in the show that night!

R.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

HighwayStar wrote:"Nobody gonna take my car, gonna break the speed of s-ound. Nobody gona take my girl ......" etc. etc.

R.

you'll like Rainbow too then i assume???

cozy powell is my f*cking idol,(R.I.P.)

get another bumper and fill the hole, then you can chop and change as you please!!

happy birthday car!!!
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

HighwayStar wrote:"Nobody gonna take my car, gonna break the speed of s-ound. Nobody gona take my girl ......" etc. etc.

R.

I know it well Rob. Love deep purple.

I just meant why the name change after all these years!
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Heya Sheppy.
Yeah Cozy was an awesome drummer. Didn't have the finesse and skills of Ian Paice but by god he hit those drums hard. Ever seen the Munich '77 Rainbow gig on vid/dvd? 1812 overture solo by Cozy.... fabulous! Little Ronnie singing his lungs out and Ritchie soloing over everything before trashing the strat to pieces!
Nakamura. Well why not change I thought. After as you say "all these years" I just thought I'd be a little more 'Rock n Roll'.

R.

PS. Still don't know what I'm going to do with the back of the car
craig

Post by craig »

Looks clean mate.

HighwayStar wrote:
R.

rev 3 spoiler and revert the center panel/number plate to stock locations.

(imo)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

HighwayStar wrote:Heya Sheppy.
Yeah Cozy was an awesome drummer. Didn't have the finesse and skills of Ian Paice but by god he hit those drums hard. Ever seen the Munich '77 Rainbow gig on vid/dvd? 1812 overture solo by Cozy.... fabulous! Little Ronnie singing his lungs out and Ritchie soloing over everything before trashing the strat to pieces!
Nakamura. Well why not change I thought. After as you say "all these years" I just thought I'd be a little more 'Rock n Roll'.

R.

yeah, paice can do that one handed roll thing, cozy was not the best drummer but i just love his style,

check out my band, you'll maybe like us, we're away to record a cover of Starstruck by Rainbow.

www.myspace.com/pariahuk
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

sheppy wrote:
HighwayStar wrote:Heya Sheppy.

R.

yeah ive seen the dvd, Dio is the best frontman ever!!!, paice can do that one handed roll thing, cozy was not the best drummer but i just love his style,

check out my band, you'll maybe like us, we're away to record a cover of Starstruck by Rainbow.

www.myspace.com/pariahuk

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”