What Pads? Changing from Ferrodo DS2500's

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Greddy-Matt

What Pads? Changing from Ferrodo DS2500's

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Hi Guys
Looks like I'll be changing my brake pads soonish, and wondering what to go for??

I'm running Ferrodo DS2500 pads all round at the moment with a big brake set up front and rear.

The Ferrodos are superb in the dry, or if your hammering them, even from cold they are superb! But for reasons i cannot fathom they are horrendous to drive with in the wet!! Solid pedal but zero bite on occasions!

Anyone recommend me a pad to replace them with?

Cheers :thumleft:
Matt
Bender Unit

Re: What Pads? Changing from Ferrodo DS2500's

Post by Bender Unit »

Mintex 1144? Seem to be comparable in most aspects however quite a bit cheaper. Just fitted some to my AE86 - massivley impressed with the amunt of braking available - better the Project Mu's that were on previously. Havent been on track yet so I cant say how they perform in that aspect but a mate who spints and holl climbs swears by them.
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Ah brill, Ill check them out :thumleft: I love the ferrodo pads but in high spray/lots of standing water they just dont work :lol:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

EBC yellowstuff are supposedly v. good for road use also. Carbotechs are commonly thought the best (most track day users opt for them) but they are v. v. expensive (see Rogues website) and apparently create a lot of dust.
Let us know what you go for and what you think.

R
Tsunami

Post by Tsunami »

I have Redstuffs on the front and they are great, I am about to put them on the rear as well :)
If at first you don't succeed...
give up skydiving!
sanchi

Post by sanchi »

As above Ive heard that Yellow stuff pads are a good alternative to Carbotechs and cheaper. But Carbotechs are the daddys I think.
Regards,
Sanchi
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

What are the Carbotechs like from cold? My only concern is that with my set up i might not be able to get enough heat into them to function properly?
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Greddy-Matt wrote:What are the Carbotechs like from cold? My only concern is that with my set up i might not be able to get enough heat into them to function properly?

As good as normal brakes are from cold. They heat up really quickly and only require a couple of dabs to get them warm. If you're ever near Rogue HQ we normally have a car equipped that you can try.

Patrick
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Thanks Patrick :thumleft: I might take you up on that, the rears use a stock pad but how do I measure the size I need for the four pots up front?
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Greddy-Matt wrote:Thanks Patrick :thumleft: I might take you up on that, the rears use a stock pad but how do I measure the size I need for the four pots up front?

If you can draw around the pad outline, stick on a few dimensions and fax it to us we'll get Carbotech to match it up. Alternatively, if you've got an old set of pads they can re-use the backing plates.

Cheers,

Patrick
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Superb :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”