need a bit of advice pls....

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

leevo5

need a bit of advice pls....

Post by leevo5 »

found this car in pistonhead http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/758158.htm, asking price 1200. pls have a look and tel me what you think.. i manage to get the price down to 900 and was gojn to see it today. but the owner sent me some picture of the rust was three area one is rear driver side arch very superficial which i can do deal on wheel repair on it, 2nd is roof wher t-bar and front again is only bubbling put mabe proffessional job and finally and is what putting me off is driver side a post got some bubbling and a 10p size rust hole which is putting me right off the deal. show it to my mate who works in a bodyshop said that he can do the aq post and t-bar roof for 180 as mate rate \:D/ . i tried to get the price down to 820 but no respond from him yet and he did say 900 is the lower he can go. so what do you think pls let me know.. lee
Last edited by leevo5 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
leevo5

Re: need a bit of advice pls....

Post by leevo5 »

anyone pls give some advice.... newbe need help. been try to find a mr2 mk1 for month. i domt know if im being picky or pain in the bum :? any advice will be taken..
STUAW11

Post by STUAW11 »

Looks quite tidy in the pics, if you do look at it check the floor and sills for holes, also under the spare wheel is another place to check, if you think its going to be to much work then walk away.
leevo5

Post by leevo5 »

stuaw11 j just posted the pics of the 3 area of concern see what you think.. pls anyone can make a comment so i get enough advice on what to do next..
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

It has gone/is going in the usual places. Unfortunately that arch will look a hell of a lot worse by the end of the winter. I think for the money you are spending you can expect the odd bit of rot but you may be able to find better examples if you are patient.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
vix

Post by vix »

I personally think you can get a more solid car for your money.

My Mk1a had about that much rot when I got her, and she cost me £700.

Be patient and the right car will come along :)
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

In need of some new tyres too.
leevo5

Post by leevo5 »

cheers you lot, this is what i need it is advice, i think im walking away from these one. if anyone know who is selling one specially whiter let me know.. cheers for good advice :clap:
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

leevo5 wrote:cheers you lot, this is what i need it is advice, i think im walking away from these one. if anyone know who is selling one specially whiter let me know.. cheers for good advice :clap:

as ever your location in your profile would help you don't want contacts for cars in essex if your in glasgow!!
if the first one is worth £900 then I want £1500 for mine, yet I doubt mine is really worth more than £350
look at as many as you can before you part with cash, what sellers want and what cars are really worth can vary greatly
leevo5

Post by leevo5 »

i know what you mean cheers, im looking at one near north east very clean owner had the car for 17 years and only want 900 for it, but is so far away from me.. keep looking at the moment.. :roll:
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

leevo5 wrote:i know what you mean cheers, im looking at one near north east but is so far away from me..

but you still haven't said where that is
leevo5

Post by leevo5 »

middlesborough, which is far away from me but not too sure now as the chap keep saying next day and next day and been a week still hasn seen the car. contact him earlier and said car got broken into last night. he must think im stupid :evil: i think he cant part he toy... :lol:
http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/752983.htm read the mess below and should i go for it 700 which is cheapfor what the car worth..
leevo5

Post by leevo5 »

just arrive and check this one out http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/781249.htm
what do you think, not bad motor..
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

kevin..in wrote:
leevo5 wrote:i know what you mean cheers, im looking at one near north east but is so far away from me..

but you still haven't said where that is

leevo5 wrote:middlesborough,

maybe its me #-o
but it would be better if you said where you are not where the cars that are too far away are
leevo5

Post by leevo5 »

sorry mate im based in northamton so right in the middle... :oops:
leevo5

Post by leevo5 »

do you think this car worth 1200 just been on pistonhead for only few hours i tried 1150 but he said 1200 pls advice. http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/781249.htm
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

leevo5 wrote:do you think this car worth 1200 just been on pistonhead for only few hours i tried 1150 but he said 1200 pls advice. http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/781249.htm

it could well be worth the money but I doubt you would get anyone brave enough to confirm it on the strength of a couple of pics, you wouldn't be too happy with me if I said yes its deffinately worth the money and you bought it and it turned out to be a bag of crap :roll:
you need to view the car and if you not to confident get somone who you trust to go with you
leevo5

Post by leevo5 »

cheers kevin, does look good, most likely to see it tomorrow or monday. anyway thanks for help will keep you posted. cheers lee :clap: :thumleft:
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

leevo5 wrote:cheers kevin, does look good, most likely to see it tomorrow or monday. anyway thanks for help will keep you posted. cheers lee :clap: :thumleft:

anyone in the northants area free to give it a once over?
leevo

Post by leevo »

hj kevin, went to see the red one but what desapointment, it was another rust bucket.. so sad.. but i just found something that i been waiting for, is in scotland past edinb, but looks very good http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0274180806
have a look. just wait for owner to replay back regarding few question..

will keep you posted,,

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”