[Mk2] [Turbo] XS power downpipes really that bad ?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

lee.w

[Mk2] [Turbo] XS power downpipes really that bad ?

Post by lee.w »

I bought one last year still havn't put it on yet , quite reluctant to do it as the feedback is 50/50 , some people think there ok , some not. i know its been discussed before but i cant find the thread for it :D
JeffD

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] XS power downpipes really that bad ?

Post by JeffD »

Sometimes wonder whether its becasue they do 2 different types - on for about £60-80 and a motoria style one about £130-140. I bought the latter and fitted it myself with no problems so far...

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=
mishadbull

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] XS power downpipes really that bad ?

Post by mishadbull »

I think it all depends on what your priority is.

I put on one of the cheap ones on my tubby and had no problems for 3 years. It is now cracked and I am looking at getting a different one. However, 3 years ago there was little choice in the UK for a downpipe. If you are going to be keeping the car for a while with the standard toyota CT series turbo then by all means go get a high quality downpipe. If you think you may change to an aftermarket turbo in the future then I would just get a cheep jobby till you get a new turbo as you are going to have do change it again.

Mike

Oh and put on a support NO MATTER WHAT!

Return to “Modifications”