Mk1 Club Calendar 2009 *photo submissions please*

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

monkeymax

Mk1 Club Calendar 2009 *photo submissions please*

Post by monkeymax »

Yes, I know it's early... but I've already had a chat with a couple of people about this at JAE so clearly I'm not the only one already thinking about it.

Last year, there was a fair bit of a rush in order to get things done in time. I'm hoping to avoid that this year as much as possible as it was a bit more stressful than I needed it to be! :lol: (to avoid this as much as possible, I've already almost finished the templates for the months... ;) )

So, this is a call out to you all to go out and start taking photos of your Mk1s while the weather is still good! I'm after at least 4 photos per car with at least one picture being high resolution (and I mean high - as high as your camera will allow). We want some great photos again next year!
(Incidentally, please provide me with information about the photographer of each photo and also whether they've given permission to have the photo printed for a not-for-profit calendar. This is to avoid a hiccup similar to one I had last year)

I'll start accepting entries any time - just PM me when you think you've got some photos you want submitted. I'm aiming to have the voting for the best shots to be in November (haven't decided on a date yet - I'll know closer to the time).

Pricing I'm guessing will be similar to last year. However, this is obviously dependent on numbers. As I said, I know it's early, but a 'show of hands' as to who would be interested in one would be great so that we know what sort of number to work towards. We did a print run of 40 last year that was sold out...

Finally, I considered doing a series of computer desktop wallpaper style calendar pages. I was told this possibly wasn't a great idea as it would be less 'value-for-money' for those that had paid for printed calendars. I'm still tempted by this as I've been doing similar for myself anyway over the last year. However, I'd make the desktop wallpaper ones (that would be downloadable) slightly different from the printed calendar - if there is interest in this?
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: Mk1 Club Calendar 2009 *photo submissions please*

Post by Charged »

Hi Max, I'd love some pics of my 1.5 in the calender this year. I'll try and dig out some decent photos.. How would you like them sent? Can I link you to a photobucket account? Have you got any photos of mine you can use?

I'd be more interested in the paper calender, but I'm a bit of an old fashioned fella!

Well done for taking this on, you did a great job last year :thumleft:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Hi Ollie! Yup - it'd be great to see your 1.5 in the calendar this year. I got a couple of shots of it at JAE, but think I could (should) do better for the calendar as there're other cars in the shots... ;) I could use one of them if need be, else I'll have to come to one of the meets and try again!

As for sending me photos - good point. Pretty much any way that is convenient for everyone works for me. I can get them off Photobucket - my only concern with that is that Photobucket tends to shrink photo sizes a bit so you just have to make sure the full-size photo is available for download.

Other than that, I can accept FTP (I will set up an FTP account on my webserver again), email, CD (through the post) - pretty much anything to be honest. Given a bit of notice I'll even bring my laptop to any future meets I go to if you want to use a USB memory stick! :lol:
So really, there's no excuse for not sending me good photos you've got!

Don't worry - like you I'm definitely more interested in the paper calendar. The desktop wallpaper thing was just an idea and we'll have to see what happens with that as personally I only look at it once a day!

And thanks. Yes, I still enjoy looking at this years one. This months one is a good reminder for me of the trip I'm taking next week! :D
vix

Post by vix »

Great idea, and thanks for offering to organise this again.

I'd like to sort something out a bit better with payments this year as some people never did pay last year :(
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

vix wrote:some people never did pay last year :(

Really?! :(

Yup - I'm hoping that by sorting this out earlier, it'll just be easier to sort all 'round. :thumleft:
System-G

Post by System-G »

vix wrote:Great idea, and thanks for offering to organise this again.

I'd like to sort something out a bit better with payments this year as some people never did pay last year :(

We have Paypal now :wink: :mrgreen:

Those who don't pay by "X" time (before printing???) do not get one... Simple :thumleft:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
vix

Post by vix »

Yeah PayPal will make things a lot easier.

Problem was that the calendars were sent out prior to people paying last year, I don't want this to happen this year. Even if this means I have to send them out myself.
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Yea, nice one Max, I'm sure it will be another top-notch publication like the 2008 one.

Get snapping everyone, I bet there will be a few entries from the forthcoming Skye trip.
WeirdNeville

Post by WeirdNeville »

I'd love a calendar. I think I might actually prefer a desktop one.

I'll do my best to get some snaps whilst the car is looking half decent. I may get some at Silverstone in a couple of weeks time. I have modest photographic kit and ability though!

Other than that I'll have to find a Pier/Hill/Cliff to perch the car on. Or one of these Post-Apocalyptic industrial landscapes that seem to suit Jap cars of a particular age so well!
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Brill - I've been thinking about this too Max, ut wasn't sure if you'd had enough last time. Soo glad you've decided to do it again.
i can get the printing done again unless someone else can do us a cracking deal (but would be hard to beat based on our small numbers)

Yep - paypal would be best, and the batch of calendars could be sent direct to Vix for posting.

We should follow a similar format to last time for submissions: submit by a deadline, then vote, then go to design & print.
Loved the format of the last ones Max and would be very happy for a similar layout this time too (guess this will be easier too)
vix

Post by vix »

Yeah printing was a great deal last time, and good quality too.
jrleech

Post by jrleech »

I missed out last time :( , certainly up for whatever's created this time :thumleft:

If there are several types, I'll have (at least) one of each :D
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Cool! Really pleased to see the enthusiasm!

jrleech wrote:If there are several types, I'll have (at least) one of each :D

I was planning a similar style to last year (2 page layout - each page A4 sized). Do you have suggestions for an alternate type?
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

I'll be having another one next year too Max :thumleft: , just wish my Mk1 was in a good enough state to be photographed.

Would Engine bling and parts shots do? :lol:
jrleech

Post by jrleech »

monkeymax wrote:I was planning a similar style to last year (2 page layout - each page A4 sized). Do you have suggestions for an alternate type?

Maybe a desktop type one (A5 ish landscape)?
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

jrleech wrote:
monkeymax wrote:I was planning a similar style to last year (2 page layout - each page A4 sized). Do you have suggestions for an alternate type?

Maybe a desktop type one (A5 ish landscape)?

the same as last year please.
you can lay that on your desk if you like :wink:

a smaller one won't do the pictures justice imo
Karl_T

Post by Karl_T »

Brilliant. My calendar is up at work in front of me, looking at Peter's motor as I type. Definitely up for one next year.

Might even try and get binky in it. Now that'd be a challenge, high res photos that don't show the rust. :lol:

Karl_T
Red ones go faster......
TheGasMan

Post by TheGasMan »

Should be fun to see this complete, especially if Ollies car is in :clap:
vashy

Post by vashy »

Limeymk1 wrote:Would Engine bling and parts shots do? :lol:
gratuitous parts shots, sounds good to me :mrgreen:
milli

Post by milli »

Haven't seen last year's, but would defnitely like one this year please!

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”