[Mk2] [Turbo] apexi avcr fitting price?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

welshboyo

[Mk2] [Turbo] apexi avcr fitting price?

Post by welshboyo »

alright guys put my car into garage this morning to get apexi boost controller fitted they are charging me£150 is that to much or is that about the right price :-k
steve b

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] apexi avcr fitting price?

Post by steve b »

:shock:

but then they are a pig, i ditched mine.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
welshboyo

Post by welshboyo »

are great are these not so good then? gutted now thought it was supposed to be a good bit of kit ](*,)
steve b

Post by steve b »

They work well, just a pig to set-up. Hence Thor etc charging similar amounts you've been quoted to set them up as well.

I think mapping an ECU is easier than setting up an AVCR :)
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

welshboyo wrote:alright guys put my car into garage this morning to get apexi boost controller fitted they are charging me£150 is that to much or is that about the right price :-k

ive fitted 4 or 5 controllers to mr2's, i can do it properly in about an hour and that is including wiring in the ecu, so they either don't know what they are doing or are a very expensive garage, i would recommend diy mate, its not hard :thumleft:
mishadbull

Post by mishadbull »

They are great bits of kit! Take your time to read the manual and they are not too bad to setup. I installed mine on my own and only had Thor check the max boost was safe.

Mike
Caribbean_Blue

Post by Caribbean_Blue »

They are a great bit of Kit. Wiring is relitively straight forward. Just take your time.

£150 isn't to bad does take about an hour to get wire through car and extend the wires if needed.

Reece
Running: 313.8BHP @ fly and 285lb torque on 1.15bar.
MY MR2 FOR SALE: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109986
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Seems expensive to me. From memory I paid £30 for my Profec B Series II to be fitted.
EX Caribbean Blue 10th Anniversary 1996 T-bar
EX Black 1995 mk2 GT Turbo
NOW Audi TT V6 3.2 DSG 2004 Coupe
steve b

Post by steve b »

DavidM wrote:Seems expensive to me. From memory I paid £30 for my Profec B Series II to be fitted.

Its not the fit thats hard with the AVCR its the setup, Greddy are known to be very very userfriendly in comparision.

welshboyo

Post by welshboyo »

cheers for all your advise guys the thing is the garage is just fitting it in i am going to set it up myself :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”