[Mk2] [Turbo] engine mods, engine swap, more power etc etc.....

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ashley

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] engine mods, engine swap, more power etc etc.....

Post by ashley »

:-#
Last edited by ashley on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashley

Post by ashley »

craig

Post by craig »

ashley wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

Apples and oranges comparing Pfc to motec or syvecs.

Pfc go for about £500 second hand, and for what shep is after would be perfect.

Simon hicks was running a gt3076 on a Pfc with over 500bhp.

So yeah, like I said. The Pfc May be old, but more than still capable.

In addition, show me where to get a motec or syvecs for pfc money! :lol:

How about comparing a second hand link to the pfc then?

If the pfc is so "great" why did Simon use a Syvecs when he properly went for it with his build?

I'm not saying the PFC isn't capable of running your engine- of course it is.

All I'm saying is that they are way too expensive these days for what they represent, especially when you compare them to second hand modern ECUs...I'd take a second hand link over a new PFC any day of the week.

I just don't understand why the MR2 crowd are so hooked on the PFC still, it's like the obsession with all this Tom's kit, which just drives prices up beyond any reasonable value.

IMO of course :lol:

Yeah, Simon changed due to massive increase in inbuilt features from the syvecs.

Maybe people go for the apexi because the pfc is a well reputed tried and tested (thoroughly) route to stand alone ems?

Yeah, the g3 is more advanced than the pfc, and I too would have had a g3 over the pfc. In my case though, a bargain pfc came up when I was after a stand alone ecu so bagged it.
ashley

Post by ashley »

craig

Post by craig »

ashley wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

Yeah, Simon changed due to massive increase in inbuilt features from the syvecs.

Maybe people go for the apexi because the pfc is a well reputed tried and tested (thoroughly) route to stand alone ems?

Yeah, the g3 is more advanced than the pfc, and I too would have had a g3 over the pfc. In my case though, a bargain pfc came up when I was after a stand alone ecu so bagged it.

IMO people go for the pfc cos they read forums like this with folk saying how great it is, and they believe it. All I want is for people to take 5 minutes and consider what options there are out there, technology has moved on soooo far since the pfc was built...if you can take advantage of it without spending more why wouldnt you?

And please don't think I'm attacking your personal choice in tuning goodies bud- as long as you're happy that's all that counts...I just get off on technology, engineering, tuning etc and love to see just what the automotive industry is capable of these days...and in that respect the pfc is strictly old school :eye:

Nope, good to have a debate. :eye:

I've been on IMOC since 2002, and over those 12 years, I've seen a LOT of cars putting out good power on PFCs, and a lot of satisfied customers. I'm not just going off hear say, but proven results.

As I say, if a Link G3 had come up before the PFC, I would have had that instead. My car is going to be running around 320bhp @ 1.2bar on a strengthened CT20b, worlds apart from your monster in the making. :twisted:

I like old skool, but then my tuning goals are immensely different to yours. I want a quick spooling fast road car, whereas you're breaking all the boundaries. :lol:
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Well.... I say exactly the same things when it comes to Air filters. Noone will here anything apart from Apexi -.-

It is the mortal condition to copy, unlike me who likes to forge new paths 8)
craig

Post by craig »

Odin_S wrote:Well.... I say exactly the same things when it comes to Air filters. Noone will here anything apart from Apexi -.-

My induction kit is a KO Racing induction kit, with massive K&N 57i filter.

Next. :mrgreen:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Mine's a HKS, came with the car :D
2mad

Post by 2mad »

RedMR² wrote:
Odin_S wrote:Well.... I say exactly the same things when it comes to Air filters. Noone will here anything apart from Apexi -.-

My induction kit is a KO Racing induction kit, with massive K&N 57i filter.

Next. :mrgreen:

Apexi chrome for me lol .. I love old skool tech and seeing what I can do with it ...

Sheppy how much you looking for the blitz could be interested after Christmas .
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Not sure man but it won't be extortionate like the one on ebay at the moment!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Keep me in mined buddy .. got a rev3 ecu for what i paid for it as part of the deal if your interested (£70 off your asking price).

Kev.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:Keep me in mined buddy .. got a rev3 ecu for what i paid for it as part of the deal if your interested (£70 off your asking price).

Kev.

I'll PM you before I advertise it!

Wee update (things are moving fast i know) on this, a member (mr2c8cya) local to me has offered to help with the build, given me a list of parts etc, I seen his high powered mr2 about 6 years ago and his work is pretty inspiring, so to have him offer to help is quite exciting. Gonna get a block and crank sorted before I do anything then take it from there!!

Thanks for everyone's input so far!!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Looking forward to a new sheppy build thread :D cant wait to see what you get up to 8)

Ps. looking forward to a pm .. blitz ecu would be perfect for my project :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Haha. I'm hopeless at threads! I will be involved in this project though unlike the ab flug kit so i will try to document everything!! No idea where i'm gonna find the time for it, as i said i'l like it finished by march so i'll just have to make time!!!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:Haha. I'm hopeless at threads! I will be involved in this project though unlike the ab flug kit so i will try to document everything!! No idea where i'm gonna find the time for it, as i said i'l like it finished by march so i'll just have to make time!!!

Sure the same as me , everyone would be happy with a few pics here n there .. least this time your in charge :D

ab flug turned out sweeeeeet in the end :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

This is true, just a pity none of it was my doing hahaha, i will take credit for choosing the colour though!!! :lol:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:This is true, just a pity none of it was my doing hahaha, i will take credit for choosing the colour though!!! :lol:

Thats what I mean.. this time your vision and you'll be in control .. like i said looking forward to what you get up to ... sure it will be awesome :thumleft:

As I've always said, if you want it done properly ... do it your self :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Haha, you wouldn't say that if you seen my own attempt at a paint job!! Na it wasn't too bad :)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Away to try and get some sard 850s today!! Need to sort out a block and crank as well :)
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:Away to try and get some sard 850s today!! Need to sort out a block and crank as well :)

Good for you buddy .. project .. project .. project :D

Return to “Modifications”