IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

markiii

Re: IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Post by markiii »

think I'd prefer to go with Shanes if he's still happy to sort them , they looked much better
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

There are some brilliant stickers from this site, was thinking should we have a competition between us?

''best stickered car''

If we keep it a secret between us what we are doing it will be great fun to see each others designs on the day. Jinx could sort out a small trophy from his supplier.

What do you think, I've already got some great ideas for mine.

SSssssssssssssssss though
MR2 World Community www.michael-sheavills.co.uk
AW11 Forever..!

Just to let you all know there is a pre event bolt on trip for the MK1 people out there.

On the 5th June we are heading to Billing Aquadrome in Northamptonshire for the MK1 Club Gala 80's get together. We will be camping there Friday - Sunday £20 and then headig down to the White Rabbit on the Monday, looking to arrive at the Rabbit for about 1pm. ( got to go via Jinxy's to drop off some wedding gear as we are attending a wedding on the weekend coming back )

Was thinking althought all he MK1's will be parked up together anyone who wants to come along either the Friday or any day the weekend and really get the party started early is most welcome. There are a few of us doing this wo are coming to Le Mans:

Jinxy
Wayne
Tom Mundy
Ki Williams
Michael Sheavills
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

If I can get out of the house then I'll definitely try and pop down for a bit, probably on the Saturday.
AW11 Forever..!

The following people have confirmed parking LM09 in the WHITE parking area

1. Peter Hartley/Wane Duncan ( still needs to pay )

2. Dan Morgan

3. Michael Sheavills

4. Mark Jones

5. Jinxy

6. Chris Roy

7. Dan Lodge

8. John Griffith

9. Reserved for Jason and Cheryl

I have 1 left going spare £37.50 ( all these tickets are now sold out )

If you want it them PM me for payment details.
unowho

Post by unowho »

Mike will let you know asap about Jason's Car Park Ticket, will get Jinx to confirm with him.

Have texted Shane regarding Le Man 09 Stickers, will let you know outcome.

Regarding Monday's Drop off - Can't really leave stuff at Jinx's as not sure what state they will be in after the Holiday :eye: I could possible ask my mum, if it's ok to leave stuff at mine :-k or could be left in Jinx's garage :silent:

Debs
Proud Mk2 owner
unowho

Post by unowho »

Have heard back from Shane and he is unable to organise this year, as he is about to go on Holiday and when he get's back there will not be enough time.

Will talk to Jinx to see is his guy can do anything for us :-k
Proud Mk2 owner
markiii

Post by markiii »

can we use his sticker guy direct?
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Ok I'm finally booking my ferry tomorrow, 99% coming on my tod and on the thurs. I was planning to split the drive over a couple of days but now doin the full whack in a day due to lack of time off. Is anyone else catching the ferry on thurs? if so can you let me know what crossing you are on and ill try and book the same one. Thinking it would be more fun driving with someone else plus I know the way now.....i think. Cheers :D
unowho

Post by unowho »

When Shane replied in his text to me, he actually said his guy is a bit of a nightmare to deal with and he would probably not get the stickers done in time, now anyway
Proud Mk2 owner
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Anyone seen "Truth in 24"? its a free download on itunes or a torrent file, all about audi and last years le mans, just to get everyone in the mood 8)

http://www.truthin24.com/
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Guys, I'll speak to my local vinyl man next week and see if he can do something for us. Can people please give me an idea of whether they want black or white text so I can get rough ideas of what I'm ordering and potential costs?
AW11 Forever..!

Dan,

I'm just going to buy mine from hollographics, I like the idea of a competition and all the cars having a different look. We could go with the theme '' the spirit of Le Mans'' and leave it up to everyone to come up with sticker designs to showcase the theme and their car.

Hollograpics have about a 3 day turnaround
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Is everyone going for custom designed stickers then? Looked on hollographics and they have a great selection, im emailing them about having some made up but not sure about copyright issues regarding logos. Comp sounds a fun idea though. :D
AW11 Forever..!

Guys, start thinking about insurance, breakdown cover, getting some Euros, making sure you have spare bulb kit, viz vest, 1st aid kit, french roadmap, headache tablets!

If you are wanting grandstand seats for the race start thinking about these now, Dunlop is a great place to watch the race, T14, 15, 16 grandstands are also good places o view the race.

All my white parking tickets have gone now so you're on your own trying to source them, don't leave it till race day to get a ticket for parking. I've checked the ACO website and general entry tickets to the circuit, covers Friday - Sunday are 62 euros ( £58 ) about the same as previous years, not bad for 5 days of top motorsport as it covers both qualifying evening and night session.

My advice is to travel light and buy everything there in the huge hypermarket with the aim of leaving it. I'm talking pillows and quilt, gazebo, deck chairs, all food and drink ( don't bother briniging any of that )

Make sure you have maps, you are responsible for your drive down, don't take it for granted you can follow the rear spoiler of the MR2 in front, it won't work, its very likely we will get split up through Rouen.

Anyone who wants particular advice on anythin to do with the trip please PM me or email me at [email protected]

Just over 6 weeks to go now!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Mike, any ideas as to when the tickets should be coming through from Just Tickets? Not sure how close to leave it before I start chasing mine...
AW11 Forever..!

Dan,

They won't get posted out till about 2 weeks before the event so give it about aother 3 weeks befoe chasing them up. If you feel uncomfortable about them coming late just give them a bell, very nice and friendly people to talk to and I'm sure they wll ease your worry.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

That's cool, wasn't really sure what the deal with them was as last year Mark ordered my ticket for me. I assume (and it's a bit late now to be asking this!) that a grandstand seat gives you full access to the circuit, and I won't need to buy another ticket when I'm there?
AW11 Forever..!

Dan,

You need to check what you ordered, my grandstand ticket incudes general admission.

Return to “Past Events”