IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

AW11 Forever..!

IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Can't waste time on getting this sorted for next year!! Already we have had so much interest for the tour in 2009.
Provisional date is the 13th - 14th June 2009 so what are you waiting for get your name down on the list, don't put off this amazing trip any longer, the time has come.

Before you make any decision that you want to come, have a look at Marks report from LM2008, this is just a snapshot of what's to come!!

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 2cb#871204

We are also in the process of building an enthusiasts website dedicated to this trip, here it is

www.LeMans-24HeuresDuMans-Tour.Co.Uk

There is still time to make this wonderful trip possible, if you'd like to come all you need to do is sort your ferry booking, let the chateau know your are coming, sort breakdown and thats just about it.

Live the dream!
Last edited by AW11 Forever..! on Wed May 27, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 11 times in total.
t-bar89

Re: IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Post by t-bar89 »

Le Mans 2009

Pete and Reema (t-bar89) (mk2 or mk3)
AW11 Forever..!

Le Mans 2009

1 Pete and Reema (t-bar89) (mk2 or mk3)
2 Michael and Joanne ( AW11 Forever!! ) MK1 or MK3 if Pete hasn't bought it
3 Jinxy
4 Mark and Chris
Last edited by AW11 Forever..! on Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

just try and stop us!!!!!!

:evil: :mrgreen:

this year was our second year and it was the best Le Mans holiday we've ever been on. check out the thread in the past events section.

:thumleft:
markiii

Post by markiii »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:Le Mans 2009

1 Pete and Reema (t-bar89) (mk2 or mk3)
2 Michael and Joanne ( AW11 Forever!! ) MK1 or MK3 if Pete hasn't bought it
3 Jinxy

4. Mark & Chris
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

Le Mans 2009

1 Pete and Reema (t-bar89) MK2 or MK3
2 Michael and Joanne (AW11 Forever..!) MK1 or MK3 if Pete hasn't bought it
3 Jinxy (Tony jinxy froude) MK1
4 Mark and Chris (markiii) VXR 220
5 Dan and Jo (ekona) 350Z
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Heck, yes. Completely gutted I couldn't make it this year - so will book off next year with The Man ASAP... ;)

Le Mans 2009

6 Max (Monkeymax) Mk1
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Le Mans 2009

6 Dan (blue2)
AW11 Forever..!

We won't be able to book the ferry till about October, can I suggest we book an earlier crossing coming back ( 11.00am ish ) so we don't hit the tunnel at 3pm rush hour and A1 / M1 at 5pm rush hour.

Other things to consider for 2009 is a big block booking of WHITE car parking tickets, we can all chip in and buy an extra one for a gazebo. It would be much better if we can all get in the same car park and even better if we can all get parked next to each other. Next year I'll have more time so I'm going to do maps of the local area for getting around the circuit and the roads you need to take to get to Arnage and Mulsanne corners.

Pete French GP with a trip to Reims for the bolt on tour next year??

Had word back from Shane and Susan, they still on their holls, booked into nice hotel in Aviemour tonight, the advantages of living in the outer hebridees.
AW11 Forever..!

Dan, are you coming alone or bringing someone with you?

For your information the French MR2 OC will be camping with us and we may have a bunch of members from the UK MX-5 OC joining us for the whole trip. Remember this trip is open to enthusiasts of the MR2, you don't have to actually own one, just have a passion for them.
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

The bolt on trip info will follow in due course.

I agree, the m1 traffic was rubbish on friday so next year a more suitable ferry time will need to be booked.

I think that the white car park tickets are a good idea. As soon as just tickets start selling their tickets again for 2009 I can place a booking for all those interested. That way we will all be parked together with a comunial gazebo/bbq area.

:mrgreen:
AW11 Forever..!

Agreed Pete, we were scattered about a bit this year and it would be nice if we could make a real weekend of it down at the track and all be together, we could even pitch a cheap tent for people wanting a few hours shut eye, did I say sleep!! shame on me......

You do realise you have just landed yourself another job, I will edit the original post to include you as official '' Parking Manager ''

LOL
markiii

Post by markiii »

based on discussions with Shane and Susan and a few others I suggest a more relaxed run down as well

rather than a straight toll road blast

I'm certainly thinking of doing the Normandy beaches Juno and Sword which we missed this year
AW11 Forever..!

Le Mans 2009

6 Max (Monkeymax) Mk1
7 Dan ( Blue2 ) MK2
markiii

Post by markiii »

blatantly stolen from SELOC but seems like a great idea for sorting the tolls

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by bogie
"As for the barriers I use the electronic tag from Sanef and pay when I get home. "

thats a great idea for France, I didnt realise you could buy them from the UK?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes they can be bought in UK their site is in french but you can get by with an online translator.
It costs 2 euros per month that you use it in, not when its not used. Then the normal toll charges. In uk you will need a credit card for them to verify and take tolls.
Great fun when english are queing and you drive past with them thinking your an idiot, then the barriers pop up and they are then p****d off.

http://www.sanef.com/fr/ecommerce/parti ... offres.jsp
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Hi Guys, thanks for putting my name on the list Mike, how could i possibly miss LeMans again \:D/ Right, been having a little play today & ive turned out a little 4 min video for you to watch, now this is not the full size video, but just a prototype excerize i decided to experiment with, you need to turn the volume up on your speakers to catch the ambience of the music which accompanies this short vid, enjoy folks :thumleft:
Jinxy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra4ze1Aoc0Q
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

I personally don't agree with the idea of a slow run down...

I much prefer blasting down the cop free tolls and getting to the campsite with lots of daylight left to get the tents up, beer and food bought and a nice relaxing p1$$ up.

However if others would prefer to detour then that's fine by me. :thumleft:
AW11 Forever..!

The runs up to Mont St Michelle and Mark and Dan's Normandy run were spectacular to say the least and really made the bolt on tour worth while. I'm with Pete on getting there especially when you have a 15 - 20 car field, some of which won't have driven abroad before. You have to remember some people have already driven 400 - 700 mile just to get to France. The B and D roads are flooded with Gendemerie and it will be really difficult keeping everyone together through the towns and villages, we did this the 1st year and it took 7 hours to get to the Chateau. I think the priority on the way down is to get everyone to the campsite safely and establish the camp and supplies, then relax a little before the mayhem all starts. Once there I'm all for having as many runs as possible either before Le Mans and after.
However it's your holiday too so if you decide you want to plan a detour on the way down like we did coming back this year then please feel free to do this, we can all simply meet up at the Chateau.

I ended up taking 3273 photographs on the 2008 event and will post some pictures soon.

7 Cars already is amazing, 2009 is going to be even better than 2008 if thats humanly possible. Some other things I was thinking about to improve on last year was to leave earlier on race day to avoid that dreaded motorway Q.
Last edited by AW11 Forever..! on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
AW11 Forever..!

Le Mans Tour 2009 Team Organisers

Meet your team for Le-Mon 2009

Jinxy - Regalia, Le-Mon banner, T Shirts

Shane - Official 24 Hour stickers

Weema - IMOC forum

Pete AKA Le-Mon AID - Bolt On Tour Manager

Michael - Official Tour Photographer and Support Officer. Here is a preview of some of my photography from the 2008 trip, click on the thumb's for a much better image.

Images from the historic qualifying session.
If anyone wants the images of the car coming towards the camera, PM me.
Madness on ''MAD'' Friday - note the cars registration and the passing Gendemerie!!
Mulsanne on MAD Friday, note the soapy water put down for better wheel spinning.
An image of the Chateau through the engine bay vents of Jinxy's MK1
Jinxy's MK1 entered into the Chateau's car show.
The following images were captured during Mark and Dans tour of the Normandy D-Day beaches.
And last but not least, see you at LM09

This is just a small selection of over +3000 images photographed during the LM08 event. I intend to post more over the next few weeks.
These snapshots should give you a flavour of what we get up to on this unbelievable trip that needs to be experienced at least once. For the car enthusiast it has to be the ultimate trip.
Last edited by AW11 Forever..! on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

What about my vid, no one has commented yet, good & bad comments are welcome guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra4ze1Aoc0Q
Jinxy

Return to “Past Events”