[Mk2] [Turbo] engine mods, engine swap, more power etc etc.....

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] engine mods, engine swap, more power etc etc.....

Post by jimGTS »

where did you find that info about 1.5bar??

fyi, some folks in the US have been boosting there ct20bs to 1.4bar+
turbo is still good at that boost apparently.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

jimGTS wrote:where did you find that info about 1.5bar??

fyi, some folks in the US have been boosting there ct20bs to 1.4bar+
turbo is still good at that boost apparently.

I wish I could remember, a rainy day at work I had a lot of spare time to trawl the internet, every single piece of info I found on the blitz ecu said 22psi or 1.5bar. literally everything i could find regarding boost said one of these amounts, I actually found once document that said "safe maps for up to 22psi" or something like that.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

1.5bar is probably asking for trouble on stock engine.

:mrgreen:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

jimGTS wrote:1.5bar is probably asking for trouble on stock engine.

yeah I wouldn't dare :shock: :shock:

rev1/2 blitz ecu has maps for 18psi as well. apparently there's a good article on gt4oc, but i don't have the required access to read it :'(

http://www.gt4oc.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... 20#p773420
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:
jimGTS wrote:1.5bar is probably asking for trouble on stock engine.

yeah I wouldn't dare :shock: :shock:

rev1/2 blitz ecu has maps for 18psi as well. apparently there's a good article on gt4oc, but i don't have the required access to read it :'(

http://www.gt4oc.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... 20#p773420

I had a blitz and a minez on my rev1/2 ran 1.1 bar still way to rich on boost ... used a fpr to take fuel out and a afc to put fuel back in off boost , long story .. 10.8afr on full boost was the magic number with 50/50 water/meth spraying, ran very well .

Don't think id push much past 1.2/1.3 on a stock rev3 + blitz. probably good for 320bhp mark .. with some fine tuning from a afc maybe more O:)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:http://www.gtfours.co.uk/what/ecu/blitz/blitz_ecu.htm

311bhp at 1.1 bar apparently :-k

So 1.2bar should hit 320bhp .. Im going to get one for my gt4 plus water/meth and apexi neo tuning should see some good numbers at a fairly safe 1.2bar .. thats my plan any way :D cheaper than standalone.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:
sheppy wrote:http://www.gtfours.co.uk/what/ecu/blitz/blitz_ecu.htm

311bhp at 1.1 bar apparently :-k

So 1.2bar should hit 320bhp .. Im going to get one for my gt4 plus water/meth and apexi neo tuning should see some good numbers at a fairly safe 1.2bar .. thats my plan any way :D cheaper than standalone.

I've always estimated the car between 320bhp-340bhp @18psi, I think people seriously underestimate these Blitz units! Got tore to shreds on here for that estimate as well :D However, the car kept up with with my mates evo FQ360 (which was 394bhp) without any real difficulty. anyway, i will be fitting the new turbo in the next few weeks, Just need to convert it to external WG before fitting, but that shouldn't be too much hassle.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Good stuff a new sheppy project :thumleft: i'm in , might give me some ideas :D

And yeah had 2 minez and 1 blitz ecu .. there great plug n play units and dont loose money when it comes to resale .. i like them , quick fine tune from a afc and your good to go :D
Last edited by 2mad on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:Good stuff a new sheppy project :thumleft: i'm in , might give me some ideas :D

just check out JDs build, I'm aiming for the same power level he had, i originally planned to take the stock injectors to their limits but I simply don't have the bottle :pale: so, turbo is sorted, just need to sort injectors and ecu. i wish I had some of this cash just now :(
2mad

Post by 2mad »

800cc injectors and a pfc is probably the way to go but i've never been comfortable with the pfc's lack of knock control you basically get a engine warning light to tell you you have knock .. not a great feature if your not paying attention :(
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

sheppy wrote:
2mad wrote:Good stuff a new sheppy project :thumleft: i'm in , might give me some ideas :D

just check out JDs build, I'm aiming for the same power level he had, i originally planned to take the stock injectors to their limits but I simply don't have the bottle :pale: so, turbo is sorted, just need to sort injectors and ecu. i wish I had some of this cash just now :(

It is a shame you have rushed into getting that turbo, they are an old design and not the best.
If you had got one with the new GTX compressor you would have the power you want but with a lower boost.
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
2mad

Post by 2mad »

bobhatton wrote:
sheppy wrote:

It is a shame you have rushed into getting that turbo, they are an old design and not the best.
If you had got one with the new GTX compressor you would have the power you want but with a lower boost.

Holly cr8p bob , way to p8ss on a mans chips :(
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

bobhatton wrote:
sheppy wrote:

this is probably an interim turbo mate, I'll most likely buy a new GTX series one (at a later date), :thumleft:

I didn't realise the PFC didn't have knock control, that's out too, I can't run the car like that, my B;itz even has knock control :shock:
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

already checked out wallace performance, they are only up the road from me, I'll give them a call when i'm back at work i think :)
synXero

Post by synXero »

sheppy wrote:However, the car kept up with with my mates evo FQ360 (which was 394bhp) without any real difficulty

Aye, she got the shaft from a big ole Yank Tank though eh ;)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

synXero wrote:
sheppy wrote:However, the car kept up with with my mates evo FQ360 (which was 394bhp) without any real difficulty

Aye, she got the shaft from a big ole Yank Tank though eh ;)

hahaha, sure did, was only running a bar of boost though :D it felt like driving the car with the handbrake on!!
ashley

Post by ashley »

:-#
Last edited by ashley on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

ashley wrote:Check out the Link ECUs if you don't want to pay MoTeC prices (and when copmparing prices don't forget the base MoTeC ECUs dont come with many of the features enabled, and you have to pay for each and every upgrade you want to open up these features.

For the sake of completeness also look at Syvecs ECUs.

Thanks Ashley, I won't be needing much features but I'm not overly keen on running without some form of knock control :(

Return to “Modifications”