rev 3 turbo vrs M5 V10

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

matt_mr2t

Re: rev 3 turbo vrs M5 V10

Post by matt_mr2t »

I'm sayin' it's a better can than about 99% of cars on the road lol.

I love the Merc badge being the intake

Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Terrific sound, allegedly rubbish brakes and it's an autobox :(

I'd rather have a Carrera GT I think, as personally I think the Porker V10 is the best sounding engine of modern times.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

The top gear definition of rubbish was that they were too strong IIRC. 200 mph then they just stop dead.
IMO that's the definition of brilliant lol.

Only reason I'd pick the Merc over the porker (same price, same bhp, similar lap times etc) is that the Merc looks more comfy lol.
Probably less likely to f it right up in that too.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

It's more that the brakes lack feel and progression that I was referring to, much the same criticism that gets levelled at the Gallardo brakes, and that's the general consensus amongst the motoring press (Evo, Car etc) rather than than TG who I haven't trusted for a long time with regards to car reviews.

Merc's definitely got the better interior and the CGT is somewhat known as a widowmaker, so I definitely agree with you there!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I seem to remember TG saying the Stig couldnt get it round the track for a while without spinning it. Admittedly, when he did he got it around very fast. But had it not been on an open track he might not have had a 2nd chance :shock:
steve b

Post by steve b »

matt_mr2t wrote:I'm sayin' it's a better can than about 99% of cars on the road lol.

I love the Merc badge being the intake

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... gine_1.JPG

Thats cool, didn't know about that :thumleft: Shows how much of a "front mid-engine" it has as well, must be 1m of car before the engine.

http://www.totb.co.uk/results/redline-totb-iv.asp

http://www.totb.co.uk/results/redline-totb-iii.asp

http://www.totb.co.uk/results/redline-totb-ii.asp

http://www.totb.co.uk/results/totb-i.asp

These MR2's kick ar$e :-k

Like Matt, I get a bit bored of the "there is no better car than the MR2" attitude thats growing on here, in driving experiences more than anywhere else. I'm a car nut, I want to talk cars on the forum, it gets a bit crap when you can't because the answer to everything is MR2's better.

:thumleft:
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Not many (any) Mr2's are there #-o
steve b

Post by steve b »

matt_mr2t wrote:Not many (any) Mr2's are there #-o

In all fairness I think MR2's have made a better show recently with Century Motorsport but the past results on the site only go up to TOTB 4 and were on 8 now. It does show its quite a recent thing the MR2 even being competitive.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Like I said, when I bought my tubby 4.5ish years ago, 350bhp was BIG power for a tubby.

Getting a low 13 was a good 1/4 mile time too.

It's still, IMO a relatively expensive car to get BIG power out of too. If you wanna do it properly that is.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Tasty wrote:Did you not read what I just posted ? :evil:

He never does..
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

Settle down now lads , settle down lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
513BHP at the hubs
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

steve b wrote:
Like Matt, I get a bit bored of the "there is no better car than the MR2" attitude thats growing on here, in driving experiences more than anywhere else. I'm a car nut, I want to talk cars on the forum, it gets a bit crap when you can't because the answer to everything is MR2's better.

Well DING. I get lampooned on here for trying to offer some 'balance'... Unfortunately its the way of SMF (single make forums)... I get exactly the same on the fiat forum when I dare to question that there are better cars out there than the 100hp. I mean FFS. :-:

Mind you the integra forum seems a bit better in this respect... some of them actually lust after M3s... :flossy:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

Wot do you both expect driving `ladycars` lol . :lol: :lol: :lol:
513BHP at the hubs
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Tasty wrote:Wot do you both expect driving `ladycars` lol . :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you'll find it's 'What'.

I think you'll find i'm a lady anyway.

What exactly is a 'ladycar'? Isn't that like saying an MR2 is a hairdresser's car?
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

Lighten up Lauen only kidding lol . :clap: :clap:
513BHP at the hubs
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

MR2's for me are just novelty now.

Much better cars out there - Supra for one, and my Beemer for the other :thumleft:
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Tasty wrote:Lighten up Lauen only kidding lol . :clap: :clap:

I know. :hug:
JJ

Post by JJ »

These MR2's kick ar$e

Sommat fishy about the TOTB 3 numbers... I actually posted fastest in class around the track ! :thumleft: MR2 turbo on billys and a CT-26 blower ! Still not that bad ! :mrgreen:

9/10th to the qrt in class !! :-k

Its improved 10 folds now though ! :-$ :D
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lauren wrote:
steve b wrote:

Well DING. I get lampooned on here for trying to offer some 'balance'... Unfortunately its the way of SMF (single make forums)... I get exactly the same on the fiat forum when I dare to question that there are better cars out there than the 100hp. I mean FFS. :-:

Mind you the integra forum seems a bit better in this respect... some of them actually lust after M3s... :flossy:

The problem is Lauren, you dont tend to be too open minded yourself. Everything seems to be integra or M3, and you even managed to squeeze them both in this post to prove the point.
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

matt_mr2t wrote:
Lauren wrote:
steve b wrote:

The problem is Lauren, you dont tend to be too open minded yourself. Everything seems to be integra or M3, and you even managed to squeeze them both in this post to prove the point.

You forgot "DING" honda engined Elise ;)

Return to “Driving Experiences”